Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

Good post. He is by almost all other accounts a solid guy that continues to put himself in bad spots. What a frustrating situation.

Pantone287 said:
The bench breakdown was pretty intense to watch.

I agree with all of the negative things people (here) are saying about him, but I also feel horrible for him. He's never hurt anyone, is by all accounts a nice, good kid off the court, and half the country viscerally fucking hates him for a couple knee-jerk things he's done while playing a sport.

That sucks. I think that tantrum/crying was a kid who's got some issues and has been absolutely broken by all the hate.

Re: Disgrayson Allen

I didn't bother reading after I saw this was the first sentence:

After Grayson Allen did the unthinkable

I wish Grayson had never given this shitthead an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

He ass raped someone after he slit their throat and came as they bled out?

I've seen snippets. It gets worse. She knows that Allen had his meltdown on the bench because he was mad at the refs for making that call. She just knows it.

People are going to start making YouTube videos of all the times Allen has tripped players, realize it's 10 seconds long and involves the lightest trips, and wonder how their lives came to this.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
People are going to start making YouTube videos of all the times Allen has tripped players, realize it's 10 seconds long and involves the lightest trips, and wonder how their lives came to this.

Hopefully, because I laugh my ass off watching the last time someone made one of those:

How could anyone not come away thinking how awesome Justise is? Video maker sure showed those dookies.

He's a head case at this point. A boneheaded play that has put himself in a bad light and the team another distraction to overcome.

Washington Post article from a few years ago about athletes acting out impulsively, in this case focusing on biting and soccer player Luis Suarez:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... arez-bite/

“When the ball is in play, emotions drive athlete behavior much more than rational thought,” Adam Naylor, a Boston Univeristy sports psychologist, told New York Magazine. “Intense emotions can lead to incredible performances, but they can also lead to total boneheadedness. Frustration in particular is known to lead to aggression.”

Naylor added that such frustration reflects a failure to suppress our human impulses. “Ironically,” he said, “the more we try to control our impulses under stress, the tougher it gets. So my initial thought is something this odd actually could be a result of his increased efforts at emotional control.”

His inability to tame his biting demons may convey an inability to control anxiety, Naylor said: “It’s easier to remember that something like punching is acceptable, but without another well-developed way to manage stress, some sort of odd emotional release is going to occur.”

Still, it’s indisputably an impetuous act. “It’s not pre-planned — it’s a very spontaneous, emotional response,” is how Thomas Fawcett, a University of Salford sports psychologist, explained Suarez’s 2013 bite to the BBC. “He’s doing it on impulse.”

Sucks that Allen is predisposed to react this way in certain circumstances. Sucks that someone with this socially unaccepted flaw has been the face of Duke basketball and will continue to be the player most connected to Duke for at least the remainder of this season. Sucks that K, despite his pompous public stance after the Elon game, will need to take fairly harsh actions against Allen for something Allen can't control, because the public outcry is too great. Sucks that Allen really is the victim here in a way, if these trips are totally uncontrollable, but if you say this to anyone, they'll think you're a moron.

My only question is when did getting tripped become a mortal danger?

Why are so many people trying to pass this off as an injury threat instead of just a douchebag thing?

Photo of the night. Not like there was an intense, down to the wire rivalry game between two traditional powers being played or anything.

Have to make an example out of him and sit him for the Boston College game. Tough but fair.

Suspended indefinitely, per K this morning.

I'd be more concerned if it were Kennard, Jefferson or Tatum, in all seriousness. Just play better basketball. This stuff is such a drag to need to think about.

Will D-F's penalty continue to be just one week or will we succumb to pressure and make it indefinite as well?

So gross and not even ironically humorous to read all these takes on morality of Allen and K, legal theory, the American justice system, racism, the broad testament of this incident to the nature of K's leadership, humanity in general, etc.

Just fucking play better offense. Run real plays, set screens, get each other open 3s and layups. None of that other stuff matters in connection with Grayson Allen. Someone is probably setting off another bomb in Europe within a week. Going to be overshadowed by Stephen A. Smith hot take on Grayson Allen vs. Cam Newton.

K already getting tons of heat for waiting 12 hours to do this. Unreal.

This seems like the appropriate amount of coverage.

24zvp0j.jpg

As for the 2nd video, I don't think he planned on tripping another player ever.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom