Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2020-2021

Anyone got his numbers against P5 comp?

If Steward isn't going to make himself pot committed to next year very very soon, I hope we would reach out to this guy sooner than later. Like, reach out tomorrow if Steward still intends to put his name in

Could mean nothing but a poster on another Duke board noticed that Grady just started following Duke's official instagram page

If we assume the recruiting folks are right about Baldwin (despite my own skepticism), I'd prob be fine with an either/or of Grady versus Keels, who is deciding in a week. Though Keels could potentially be a centerpiece of 2023 whereas Grady would be gone.

Is it weird that I still think Shaka Smart is a pretty good coach? Maybe I'm just biased because he seems really likeable; certainly his record at Texas was not that great. But it still seems like a pretty good hire by Marquette.

Also, it's crazy to me that he's still only 43 years old.

If he can recruit start by recruiting Dawson Garcia, Justin Lewis, and DJ Carton to stay, he has a nice core to build around.

I'll always admire Smart for the way he took care of business vs. UNC, following right on the heels of Rick Barnes and extending the Longhorn's institutional dominance over Carolina.

I would think this has something to do with him being from Wisconsin. Maybe he just hated Austin.

Chris Lykes in the portal. It feels like, after a solid 5 year run, Miami is just back to being shitty. Basically the ACC has taken a step back in large part because of Miami and ND kind of losing their way in the last 5 years. That middle range of teams in the 5-8 range has gotten much softer as these two programs have fallen flat. There also seem to be some issues behind the scenes at Louisville- two recruits have recently de-committed and they're relying more and more on grad transfers to cobble together seasons.

Top tier of the conference (this year a big exception) seems to be- Duke, UNC, UVA, FSU. I think VT's coaching/trajectory suggests that it could firmly implant itself as the top team in the next tier. Outside of Louisville recovering to Pitino levels, I'm not really seeing a program/recruiting/coaching combo that is poised to threaten the top tier. The Wake coach is supposed to be good but not sure if he can recruit in the ACC.

Syracuse going to shit since joining the ACC hasn't helped anything (some fluky tournament runs notwithstanding). And then UNC hasn't been up to their old standard since 2017. Throw Pitino getting fired from UL and the stuff you said about Miami and ND, and we've gone from what should have been the best P5 conference to one of the weakest.

Reactions: TS9
Top tier of the conference (this year a big exception) seems to be- Duke, UNC, UVA, FSU. I think VT's coaching/trajectory suggests that it could firmly implant itself as the top team in the next tier. Outside of Louisville recovering to Pitino levels, I'm not really seeing a program/recruiting/coaching combo that is poised to threaten the top tier. The Wake coach is supposed to be good but not sure if he can recruit in the ACC.
I feel like there's institutional forces that make it easier for Louisville to bounce back up than for VT to sustain itself above them, but that's pretty right to me.

I'd also say there's a gap beteen FSU and UVA and that next tier with us and UNC.

Pitt is another program that completely imploded. They were already on the decline when they first joined the ACC, after a great run from ~2002-2011, but have become terrible over the last 5 years. None of the old Big East schools have lived up to expectations.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom