Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2020-2021

Same with the Metro schools.

The ACC is bad for traditional football schools (VPI, Miami, FSU) that join, and bad for traditional basketball schools (Cuse, Louisville) that join. Pitt falls into either category.

Rocket Watts and Chris Lykes in the transfer portal. I feel like Duke will lose at least one other guy to transfer. It would be very surprising if there were 1200 total transfers and somehow we only had one of them.

New prediction for our 2021-2022 starting lineup:

Rocket Watts
Jeremy Roach
Joey Baker
Wendell Moore
Paolo Banchero

At this point, I feel like college basketball should be understood as an unpaid internship program for thousands of precarious young men competing for a very limited number of spots in the NBA, G-League, and decent leagues outside the United States. Anything these guys can do to gain a slight competitive advantage, even if it means transferring 3 times in 4 years, seems worth it through this lens. Winning championships and maximizing the "college experience" are completely beside the point for most players.

It's too bad, because I still like college basketball and think that it has some inherent advantages over the NBA as a spectator sport, but it's just not worth giving a fuck about it if it's going to become basketball's version of Minor League Baseball.

I looked at Watts' stats. He's godawful. How does Izzo end up with these awful guards playing significant minutes all the time?

Chris Lykes is potentially great for a season, but not much less of an unknown than Roach. Depends on how you view his progression as a junior and his amazing 2 games played as a senior. His floor is low.

Anyone got his numbers against P5 comp?

If Steward isn't going to make himself pot committed to next year very very soon, I hope we would reach out to this guy sooner than later. Like, reach out tomorrow if Steward still intends to put his name in

Could mean nothing but a poster on another Duke board noticed that Grady just started following Duke's official instagram page

UK bound:

Don't worry. Once DJ goes pro and Roach transfers, we'll add a top 10 recruit with severe shooting struggles and attitude problems at the last minute.

Don't worry. Once DJ goes pro and Roach transfers, we'll add a top 10 recruit with severe shooting struggles and attitude problems at the last minute.

Yeah this is the MO. But probably more like top 30. It's a fucking terrible strategy but I'm concerned that the Stanley/Boogie "trade", which did actually work, will embolden the staff to think that they don't have their heads up their asses and keep taking this route.

After all this shit in the tourney, there's gonna be 3 1 seeds and 1 2 seed in the F4.

This is pretty interesting, given the expectations that a lack of blue bloods and general sports disinterest during COVID times would lead to terrible ratings. Comparing year to year is highly flawed, though, with this Sweet Sixteen taking place over the weekend and every game getting a time slot all to itself, instead of the usual crunched scheduling on Thursday night and the TV graveyard of Friday night.

I think the NCAA got the scheduling absolutely right to maximize viewers this year and will keep it like this going forward. It's baffling that they didn't make this switch sooner. I don't expect the Elite Eight ratings to be disastrous, despite how boring the teams are and how uncompetitive the games were expected to be. The mere fact that the games were on Monday and Tuesday nights, basically the best time slots possible during the week, should carry the games to decent ratings.

Anyone thinking that Zion and Duke vs. any random team wouldn't be getting much, much higher ratings on a Tuesday night than Gonzaga vs. USC is being willfully ignorant.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom