Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2020-2021

This is probably a dumb thought, but I imagine one big advantage Mark Few has in developing players is he can afford to play marginal guys real minutes all through conference play without worrying about it costing his team games. They’re not going to lose any games in that shit conference, so Few can give guys plenty of live game experience and for more than a few spot minutes. IMO Roy has lost plenty of conference games over the years by playing too many players. Then you have guys like K who won’t try to develop anyone in live action after early December, and we wonder why guys don’t improve.

That all made sense in my head, but it just looks like a lot of words now that I’ve typed it all.

^ I think that's true, but I also think it's combined with better skill development and better offensive schemes.

I definitely agree with better skill development, especially when it comes to their bigs although Mark was a pleasant surprise this year.

Game logs against P5 teams are a mixed bag. Here are the last two seasons:

2-10 vs Auburn
9-17 vs Wake Forest
11-18 vs Marquette
5-10 vs Texas
4-12vs NC State

All losses. The NC State loss was in the NIT last Thursday.

Ehhhh that's not that great, honestly. Guess it's back to crossing fingers for DJ's return

@DurhamSon he's a Duke fan. There's a pic of him at Cameron with Steph Curry as a kid (back when Curry played in Cameron in 2009). He's wearing a Duke hoodie. I tried to upload it here, but the site didn't like the pic for some reason.

Attachments

• D48CE700-49EB-40E5-8320-532738855BAE.jpeg
    D48CE700-49EB-40E5-8320-532738855BAE.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 24

Basically, could’ve gone to free agency and gotten a mega deal in a bidding war, but took a long extension with CBS/Turner for 3% increase per year instead. NCAA believed the media landscape was “uncertain” and they needed to lock in a long term deal at a discount for broadcasting the NCAA Tournament.

I get this, but the victims in this story are.....who, exactly? They're not going to pay the players, no matter how much people jump up and down. Isn't this just less money for the execs and college presidents?

Anyone who invests in Viacom or AT&T stock comes out a winner! Hopefully the players and their families are smart enough to do that.

self inflicted wound to the NCAA and if by some miracle they do actually start playing players then the players?

I saw that VT's Jalen Cone entered the portal. An NC kid. I know he's short, but I still wish Duke would reach out on this one. He's so good off the curl, and we could put him in some of those JJ/Seth sets.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom