Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

TIL Ga Tech has an incoming player named Blue Cain and this is his face

D-PfZ6qXoAEuYy4.jpg:large

Had to Google him, and learned that:

1) His dad went to Duke, and it's why he's named Blue; and

2) He has an offer from Howard

The idea of that face/name playing for a HBCU sounds like a Wayans brothers movie or something.

TIL Ga Tech has an incoming player named Blue Cain and this is his face

D-PfZ6qXoAEuYy4.jpg:large

Had to Google him, and learned that:

1) His dad went to Duke, and it's why he's named Blue; and

2) He has an offer from Howard

The idea of that face/name playing for a HBCU sounds like a Wayans brothers movie or something.
I assume he really wanted to go to Duke but Scheyer didn't offer him for his own safety. He knew putting someone who looks like that in a Duke uniform is basically signing their death warrant.

Looking at the FIBA stats, I see that Ian Jackson is a monster and then learned that currently UNC and UK appear to be his top two most likely college destinations. If it's UNC, hopefully either they leave the conference or he bails on them.

FIBA Stats

I've been lightly observing the D.J. Wagner recruitment since Payne returned to Louisville. Definitely one of the bigger/more entertaining recruitments that I've followed of a non-Duke target.

That reminds me, did we ever figure out why Louisville fans were claiming Duke fans were going to hate them? Unless I missed something, wasn't that a complete non-story?

That reminds me, did we ever figure out why Louisville fans were claiming Duke fans were going to hate them? Unless I missed something, wasn't that a complete non-story?
Yep. They were supposedly going to poach a recruit or current player. I can't remember who it was supposed to be. It might have even been one of our 4-star players, which shows how little they understand what it's like to have elite recruiting.

Were they supposed to be stealing Caleb Foster? For some reason, I'm thinking it was a guard. Maybe because it was somebody who Nolan supposedly had a relationship with.

After watching Flagg today and based on nothing but one game, the closest Duke comparison I could think of for him is Shane Battier. It's incredible that he's only 15.

His defense was great and he seemed to play some role in nearly every good play that USA made, both on offense and defense. He disrupted shots and passes, was really quick on traps and double teams, and was just always where he needed to be. He played very smart and he worked hard, he chased rebounds aggressively on both ends of the court and was usually the first one back on offense and defense.

The boxscore doesn't do his game justice. 5 PTs on 2/6 shooting and 6 REBs (3 O/3 D) doesn't look like much but he carried the team in the time that I watched. In three years, he's going to be a monster (I assume he's healthy? No Harry Giles ligaments?) and when he fills out his frame and polishes his scoring and passing, he should be worth a whole lot of NIL money or whatever league cash is available then.

Oh, he's a twin. Does his brother suck?

(This looks strange, immediately following my previous post)
No idea, but we should get him, his twin, and the Boozer twins and play them as 4/5 of our starting lineup. I guess a senior Schutt can be the other starter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom