Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I don’t think there are that many guys in the league right now who will ever put this statline up in their careers. Maybe 50? Need to figure out a way for Ivey to do this when Cunningham is playing.

Zion carves up the Clippers on the road in the 4th. Pels get their best win of the season. The Kings lose, so the Pels leapfrog the Kings to get up into a tie for 5th. Duke also wins. Perfect night of basketball except for the actual on-court product Duke was putting out there.

Last edited:

What a depressing day for basketball fans around the globe. Every trade involves the Pistons. They have 19 guys on their roster currently.

Burks is bad regardless of how hot he has been lately, but if he stays this hot for the rest of the season, the Knicks offense could be pretty ridiculous and upset-friendly in the playoffs.

I really like a lot of these trades. The Knicks are legit loaded now. I think they may be the second best team in the East.

I'm hoping it's more like 30/18. Would be dumb to take minutes away from Lively, when Gafford is a known quantity with no upside.

Burks was really good in New York. Unless something happened to him physically, there’s no reason why he couldn’t return to his old level. Overall, this looks like a sane way to restore the bench, which they allowed to fritter away over the last year. But this certainly puts some pressure on them to restock in the next couple of drafts.

Gafford is #2 in the league in offensive efficiency and that’s without Luka. (Okay, it’s with the great Tyus Jones, I admit). I’ve always been interested to see how he would look on a good team. Not too concerned about limiting Lively’s minutes, given his age and injury history.

That's kind of an overpay in my opinion.

ETA: I just realized the pick is a 2027 pick and it's only top 2 protected. I now am changing my phrasing. That's a huge overpay.

Last edited:
On the flip side, I don't understand why the Pacers traded Buddy Hield for that very mediocre return. Did he tell them that he just wasn't going to resign there no matter what?

I don’t follow the NBA as closely as you all, but is PJ Washington really that good?
No. He's about the same level of player as Grant Williams, imo. More likely to give you 40 but a less consistent shooter and defender.

I didn't think he would get a 1st, let alone a 1st and two rotation players. Even though Seth is sort of washed and often injured, he can still play for someone.

Brad Stevens looking even better as a GM than a coach. All the pieces he offloaded either failed spectacularly (for different reasons) or just haven't been very impactful.

The only black mark is signing Brown to that supermax, but i'm going to assume a decision like that is made at the level of ownership.

I actually think his biggest misstep may have been extending Mazzulla. I understand why he did it though. But when I think about playoff coaches he'll have to go against after the first round, I'm not sure he has an advantage over any of them besides Doc Rivers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom