Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Phil Knight Invitational / at Indiana

Duke's best offensive play is a Grayson Allen - Marvin Bagley PNR. Either one of them can make a play or break down the defense and open it up for a Duval three. People have pointed out Bagley's lack of effort on defense, but the master will have him hedging out to the half-court line before we know it.

As with many others, I'm encouraged by Bolden's improvement. He's playing decent defense, fighting for boards, and has shown some offensive ability in the post. I'm no longer horrified when he takes a shot, but maybe it's because there's a good chance Duke will get the rebound and an putback off his miss. I'm happily surprised by the rest of the bench, O'Connell and Delaurier both have insane motors and they inject the right amount of verve into the lineup when the team needs a boost.

Bill Walton is a national treasure and his stoned ramblings are hilarious. I love that his co-commentator doesn't interrupt and lets Walton meander from one non sequitur to the next. Walton is far superior to Bilas and I wish he did east coast games.
I was with you until you started praising Walter. I can't stand him.

Why would a Duval three be a positive outcome in that scenario? I am aware that Grayson kicked it out to him on consecutive (or at least very close together) possessions and that he made one, but that felt more like a fluke at this point.

Why would a Duval three be a positive outcome in that scenario? I am aware that Grayson kicked it out to him on consecutive (or at least very close together) possessions and that he made one, but that felt more like a fluke at this point.
I totally missed that line. I must have assumed it said "Trent three."

Walton is a narcissist who harbors a deep distain for college basketball.

And an unabashed UCLA homer. Listening to him call one of their games makes me appreciate the contortions Bilas goes through to appear neutral.

I'm definitely joking with the Duval shooting three's outcome, ideally Allen would be kicking it out to Trent, O'Connell, or Goldwire.

I was watching the UNC-MSU game in a hotel gym so I only caught bits and pieces of Walton's commentary and I could most definitely be wrong about him. I don't have much exposure to him because he's a West Coaster.

I love Bill Walton as long as he's not calling a game I really care about. He's fucking hilarious. There's no middle ground for me. Give me Bob Knight, or give me Bill Walton.

I actually wonder what Duval is shooting on corner threes so far. Probably not too awful.

Walton is so enamored with basketball history shit that no one under the age of 60 cares about. The dude is awful at commentating.

Duke should win handily but one thing is for sure, if they come out sluggish again and gets down 16 in the 2nd half, Assembly Hall will be rocking and they won't be coming back.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom