Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2017 NCAA Tournament

Games not over but really impressed how Oregon adjusted with boucher getting hurt

Oregon has a chance, not a big one but in a hypothetical world they can play like a better version of that Arkansas team and hit 50% from 3 or something.

Right now we're looking at 65% x 85% x 75%

Only solace here is that we didn't make it to the title game where we would've prob lost to UNC and been fucked for eternity.

Let them get their title and move on. I really had some hope before tonight and it's now all gone.

The thing that sucks is I ended up enjoying watching Oregon play. I was rooting for them despite myself. If UNC had already lost, I would feel way less conflicted about this.

DurhamSon said:
KU (-7) vs. Oregon

Gonzaga (-8) v. Xavier

Florida (-3.5) vs. USCar

UNC (-2.5) vs. UK

Late $$$ has moved things to UF -3, and UNC -2

This is the fewest amount of points UNC would be giving for the rest of the tourney, btw. I'd guess they'd be -6 vs Oregon, -3.5 vs zags, -4.5 vs UF, and -6 or -7 vs USC

Zags line would be interesting in that it would be perhaps the largest divergence from Kenpom that we've ever seen. Usually the lines track closely but I agree that while a Gonzaga-UNC game would probably be Zags -2/-3 Kenpom, it would be at least UNC -2.5.

What's interesting to me is that none of the dominant offenses are left. UNC by far the best at #6.

TIL former star NC State PG, Chris Corchiani, has a son who is a walk on for South Carolina.

No one wants to go to NC State.

Kenpom has UNC -2 and 57% to win. Vegas has UNC -5.

Kenpom will likely have UNC somewhere between 35-40% to beat Gonzaga if they meet. Suspect Vegas will have UNC -1 or -2.

Setting all the reverse jinx stuff aside, in my head and heart I really feel like UNC ain't losing to either of these teams. And I consider the Gonzaga/SCAR game a toss-up anyway. So they probably don't even end up playing Gonzaga given the way things work.

Gonzaga is the great unknown. It's cool that Gonzaga is top 50 in D rebounding until you start clicking on how they did against real teams not in the WCC that have size and can offensive rebound. It's not good. I would note that Oregon is rebounding pretty well even against good offensive rebounding teams (Arizona, Kansas) without Boucher. Still, they're gonna get smoked. I've already made money on the UNC ML against UK. I have another bet placed for the Oregon game. I'll make easy money, very unhappily.

UNC has overtaken Gonzaga in the title odds futures, despite nothing happening since the bets opened up last Sunday. They sit now at 5/4; 44.4% to cut down the nets. This is despite Oregon being given significantly better odds than SCAR.

Ultimate Pomeroy vs Vegas referendum if it ends up being Zags/UNC; probably a 6-8 point divide between the two. Of course maybe we should have started shitting on Vegas when they opened up with Duke as the pre-tourney favorites.

Junior forward Aaron Rohlman said that only about three of the 15 Tar Heels players voted for Trump, which caused some tension. “The rest of the team was upset about it for about two hours,” he said of the election. “We realized one person voting for a different person isn’t going to get us anywhere as a team.”

The three Trump supporters on UNC:

1. The Mormon Stillman White

GGUXUUMTNHRYWAV.20161012204706.jpg

2. The Ravishing Kanler Coker

WVHXACNJFNWOICC.20151003035120.jpg

3. The Disgusting Racist Aaron Rohlman

TIAUIZQBBHINNNT.20161012204706.jpg

Which makes Luke Maye not only a hero for sending UNC to the Final Four, but also a hero for being the one white person on the roster who did not vote for Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
During the past year, the following events have occurred:

Cubs come back from 3-1 down to win their first World Series in over 100 years.

Cavs come back from 3-1 down to win their first NBA title ever.

Patriots come back from 25 down in the 2nd half and a 0.03% win probability at one point to win the Super Bowl.

Clemson football comes back in the final second to beat Alabama and win their 2nd national title.

UConn women's basketball loses in the Final Four after 111 straight wins and 4 straight national titles.

Donald Trump is elected President.

The heavily favored UNC men's basketball wins the national title easily over less talented opponents.

A Duke basketball fan would trade any of those incredibly improbable events for UNC being upset in the next two games. All of those events taken together have about a 1 in a billion chance of happening. UNC basketball will be the one expected event to hold true.

Would we want Duke to be in the Final 4, knowing that we'd potentially be 80 minutes away from Duke-UNC for the title?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom