Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #4 Duke vs #3 Kansas (Champions Classic)

Apparently in the 2nd half, Coach K ripped Carey, Hurt, and Stanley and then subbed them out. This was at the timeout when it was 46-37.

Glad to see K returning to coaching and not allowing 18 year old freshman to dictate the action.

That seems like a very stark contrast to K's typical approach to guarding bigs. I wonder if it was just matchup specific, or something else?

That seems like a very stark contrast to K's typical approach to guarding bigs. I wonder if it was just matchup specific, or something else?

I think it is a match-up thing. I don’t remember exactly but I think Duke did this in the 2013 sweet sixteen against Michigan State and it was very effective. I’ll be interested to see if Duke does this again this year.

I think it is a match-up thing. I don’t remember exactly but I think Duke did this in the 2013 sweet sixteen against Michigan State and it was very effective. I’ll be interested to see if Duke does this again this year.
I thought that was the game where Kelly did some weird hang under the goal, half help thing. That was one of the few times I remember Duke’s staff really outcoaching someone in the last few years. I need to watch that one again.

I thought that was the game where Kelly did some weird hang under the goal, half help thing. That was one of the few times I remember Duke’s staff really outcoaching someone in the last few years. I need to watch that one again.
My favorite game plans of the last decade both came that season. The other was when we stomped UNC in the dome. Mason bated McAdoo into midrange shot after shot.

I generally feel the staff is good for 1-2 great gameplans every season. I liked the gameplan against UVA at Cameron last year.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom