Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #7 Duke at North Carolina

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FSU shot the fucking leather off it yesterday against Miami. Of course Miami gives up a zillion points to everyone. I’ll leave the deep analyitical dive on their shooting numbers to those smarter than I.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is money to be made right now by betting against Duke to cover vs. FSU. The line is somehow Duke -9 or Duke -10.

Accidentally put this in the wrong thread. I see that SMTTEM is already all over it.

Last edited:
This is a real post from IC:

"Does anyone on here know how to contact the ACC Director of Basketball Officiating, Bryan Kersey? I am a die hard Heels fan and am disappointed in the loss tonight because we beat ourselves at the free throw line. However, I am utterly furious at the Twitter comments made by on of the officials after the game. Ted Valentine is on Twitter tweeting Mike Eades and asking if he watched the game and how UNC fans are salty as F. That's downright wrong and he should be suspended. For someone to supposedly be so impartial, that shouldn't be tolerated and the official should be held accountable. "

I think this is the tweet. That person is a fucking moron. What are the responses to that?

Why would you be on Twitter as a ref? "I'm one of the most hated people in the universe. Where can I go to receive a more concentrated version of that hate?"

That radio dude makes everything better. I wish there was a way to sync up the radio broadcast perfectly with the TV broadcast, so I could mute the TV and listen to him.

That radio dude makes everything better. I wish there was a way to sync up the radio broadcast perfectly with the TV broadcast, so I could mute the TV and listen to him.
It has to be a lot of fun being able to be a homer while calling a game.

Hearing him reminded me of my favorite video of the Rivers shot where they played both the Duke and UNC radio calls. I loved how both calls built up right to the shot going through. The Duke call ends with jubilation (as Dickie V would say), but the UNC guy’s voice crashing back down to earth just kills me every time.

Part of what I enjoy about having NBA TV is that a lot of times you get the local broadcast. It's funny to hear the spectrum of fairly neutral to complete frothing-at-the-mouth homers. Some are fun (the Cavs' team) and some are annoying as shit (Boston's).

They have the most grating Boston accents, to the point where it almost sounds like a parody. And they whine about everything.

Brooklyn is probably the best crew. New Orleans is nice too.

This is a real post from IC:

"Does anyone on here know how to contact the ACC Director of Basketball Officiating, Bryan Kersey? I am a die hard Heels fan and am disappointed in the loss tonight because we beat ourselves at the free throw line. However, I am utterly furious at the Twitter comments made by on of the officials after the game. Ted Valentine is on Twitter tweeting Mike Eades and asking if he watched the game and how UNC fans are salty as F. That's downright wrong and he should be suspended. For someone to supposedly be so impartial, that shouldn't be tolerated and the official should be held accountable. "

Wow, a self refuting comment - you dont see that every day...

They have the most grating Boston accents, to the point where it almost sounds like a parody. And they whine about everything.

Brooklyn is probably the best crew. New Orleans is nice too.

Yeah - I mainly think it's amusing.

Does anyone know where I can get high-quality photos from the game last night? Preferably larger sized photos (for background on computers)..

Looking for some from the buzzer-beater.. Anyone have a link would be great.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom