Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #8 Duke vs. Miami

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DurhamSon

Legend
image.jpg

Duke (5-2) vs. Miami (2-5)
AdjEff
: #2 (#4/#8) vs. #97 (#28/#215)

TV: 9pm 1/21, ESPN

Line: Duke -17.5
Pomeroy: Duke 85, Miami 66 (95% WP)
Injuries: Moore (hand). Stone (knee)

--

History:

Duke is 21-6 against Miami in the Coach K era (6-5 in the Larrañaga era)

Games in Durham with the current coaching staffs:
2019: Duke 87, Miami 57 - Blowout led by Barret, Reddish and Bolden without Zion
2017: Duke 70, Miami 58 - Tatum, Kennard and Jones lead a huge 2nd half effort to overcome a double digit halftime deficit
2015: Duke 74, Miami 90 - Angel Rodriguez goes nuclear to hand duke the 2nd to last loss they would suffer all year
2013: Duke 79, Miami 76 - The infamous White Falcon revenge game
2012: Duke 74, Miami 78 - Reggie Johnson and Kenny Kadj beat Duke in OT, the first game Duke fans realized Miami would no longer be a pushover anymore, after winning previous 15 of the last 16.

--

What they're saying:

I honestly can't find any non-football discussion on any of their athletics boards. Even that board Cont used to spend time at.

--

Notes:

Since Duke already blew them out at their place, they have gone on to lose to Louisville, scrape by pitt, lose to State, and play FSU close in an OT loss at home. Besides losing minor bench player Keith Stone to injury, I don't think anything has really changed with regards to Miami. This is the easiest remaining game on the schedule, so if Duke has to sweat this one out, the team is in big trouble, and even Wendell Moore won't be able to save them. If this new pussified, sloppy Duke team loses this game, not only can you forget possibly winning the regular season, but the one seed is out the window as well, and Duke might not even be on the 2-line at that point either.

Last edited:
DURHAM, N.C. -- Suddenly, fourth-ranked Duke looks a bit lost. The defense isn't there. The 3-point shots aren't falling. And its Hall of Fame coach senses a lack of confidence from his freshman-led team.

Now Mike Krzyzewski will see how his Blue Devils respond to two straight losses, the second ending the program's long winning streak at its famously hostile arena.
Angel Rodriguez scored 24 points and Miami shot 67 percent after halftime to upset No. 4 Duke 90-74 on Tuesday night, snapping the Blue Devils' 41-game home winning streak and giving them consecutive regular-season losses for the first time in nearly six years.

"We're all on the same page now, after two losses and after getting our butt beat. We didn't just lose tonight. We got our butts beat tonight."

Sound familiar? It was January 13, 2015-
I was at that game and we sucked ass and Rodriguez couldn't miss a shot!

Best part of the game tonight is that there isn't another one for a week. I legit smiled when I realized they didn't play this weekend.

Smart move by K to sub out Carey after he picked up his first foul with 16:18. Got him a nice rest heading into the media timeout and he only missed roughly 45 seconds of gametime.

Someone attempted to hit someone with a chair

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom