Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2019-20] #8 Duke vs. Miami

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miami is just jarringly awful. Weird to watch. Doing stuff like bricking open layups and follow-ups, leaving shooters wide open before Duke even runs any action. You don't really see college teams doing those types of thing that badly.

Last edited:
The GA seats are half empty
Was terrible. The blue cushioned seats on the bench side only half full as well

I said it on chat earlier, but I can't remember ever seeing Cameron this empty for an ACC game before. Atmosphere really seems to have declined over the last 10-15 years or so.

I wonder why that is. It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the team since it's remained an elite program.

The GA seats are half empty
Was terrible. The blue cushioned seats on the bench side only half full as well

I said it on chat earlier, but I can't remember ever seeing Cameron this empty for an ACC game before. Atmosphere really seems to have declined over the last 10-15 years or so.

To be fair, Duke is really up their own asses about their brands wrt this stuff and for that reason don't adjust their prices to market demand at all. I've gotten calls from the ticket office telling me those behind the bench seats are available... for a face value of $175. Seriously? They'd rather see those seats stay empty than move them for a reasonable rate. FOH trying to sell GA bleachers for $75.

$90, not $75. Doesn’t explain the students not being there.

The spectacle of seeing a future NBA star, and not having any this season, is probably a factor for students. When was the last time we didn't have a guy expected from the start to be a top pick in the draft? I think it was 2013, 7 years ago.

Miami is just jarringly awful. Weird to watch. Doing stuff like bricking open layups and follow-ups, leaving shooters wide open before Duke even runs any action. You don't really see college teams doing those types of thing that badly.
They did play UL and FSU close, I believe. Watching them, I'm not quite sure how that happened. Must just be a matchup issue they have with Duke that makes them look even worse than they are. I think it helps that Tre has shut down the midget both times.

They did play UL and FSU close, I believe. Watching them, I'm not quite sure how that happened. Must just be a matchup issue they have with Duke that makes them look even worse than they are. I think it helps that Tre has shut down the midget both times.

As long as all the guards he faces are 5'10" or less, Tre will dominate in the NBA.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom