Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] #8 Michigan State at #6 Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Biggest adjustment is K seeing who should be playing and should be on the bench. I see 2, clearly

I had no idea Shulman and Bilas were watching the same thing we were

Really if Wendell and Steward had not just absolutely shit the bed we would have won

Seasons in which Duke has lost its Champions Classic game by more than 5 points:

2021!

God I hate that Hurt had 21 and 13

On one hand, I think we’ll take 21 points on 14 FGAs all the time against good power conference teams. On the other hand, what is the point of the Hurt at 5 lineup if Hurt is going to *attempt* three 3-pointers all night?

God I hate that Hurt had 21 and 13

On one hand, I think we’ll take 21 points on 14 FGs all the time against good power conference teams. On the other hand, what is the point of the Hurt at 5 lineup if Hurt is going to *attempt* three 3-pointers all night?

Yeah, and two of those were desperation shots in the last few seconds, including the one he (banked in and) made. FTs made a 43%/33% shooting line from a "center" better than it looked.

This was my rant during the game. He's a complementary player to others in a good offense if you camp him in the corner, draw his man out, and have him jack up 10 threes per game. But we're basically running the iso Okafor offense through him in the post and elbows, which is fucking gross for everyone involved.

Defense continues to be a problem with him, though, and I don't know what the solution is. He's naturally weak, short-armed, and not very quick to change direction or jump, which is a tough hand. Tonight he was slow to rotate, didn't offer much deterrent at the rim, and was painfully slow to recover when he did help. I'd rather see him play in shorter spurts where he can exert more energy on defense and hunt his shot while in. He's a flawed-but-useful role player who everyone is determined to make an all-around superstar.

M17ZBab.png

What is the evidence that Moore has a path to the NBA this offseason besides the artificial narrative put forth by the staff?

M17ZBab.png

What is the evidence that Moore has a path to the NBA this offseason besides the artificial narrative put forth by the staff?

IMO he's the worst player on the team, of the players that have been in the rotation. It isn't just that he doesn't shoot well. It's far worse than that. He doesn't literally anything of value offensively, and to be more blunt, he's a negative offensively because what he does do is so toxic to successful offense.

1.) He can't shoot
2.) He is low IQ and isn't an effective driver because his decision making is awful
3.) Even when not driving his decision making is awful. He is a blatantly low IQ basketball player and it appears in every area of his game. For example, when we set him wing ball screens, he barely ever uses them. He holds the ball and prods. When he does use them, he doesn't aggressively seek to turn the corner, and to make it worse, he never ever reads the defensive ball screen coverage. For example, we had a sequence there was a ball screen for Moore set by Brakefield. He popped and was wide open. Moore didn't pass it to him. His secondary option was to Hurt in the post who had deep positioning and should've gotten the ball. He didn't pass it to him. Moore just kept fucking dribbling. He sucks.
4.) The ball always sticks in his hands and he holds it. He never ever makes quicks decisions. The offense just dies when it touches his hands.

His role on this team should be nothing more than a wing defensive replacement off the bench. Similar to Goldwire but at the guard spot. The brutal part is that the staff and media hyped him up this off-season, and he feels the pressure to be someone and go to the NBA. We have this shitty player over dribbling and take contested pull-up threes. It's awful, awful, awful. At least when Tre Jones did it he was a good player for us. Moore just stinks. This is not going to get better. It will get worse.

I've never seen a worse Duke player all things considered. Have there been worse Duke players? Yes. But I've never seen a player as bad as him over dribble so much and shoot such vomit inducing garbage. He is a mediocre player that plays like he's a top 5 pick. It's disgusting to watch.

Reactions: TBC
There is none. In fact, even apart from his turnover problem, the number of 6'5" guys who aren't good shooters who make it in the league is really really small.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom