Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 3 Texas Tech (NCAA Tournament S16)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So TJ Shannon (TTech guard) has already entered the portal. We should put him up in the Four Seasons or wherever we are staying - an upgrade from the Comfort Inn he spent last night at - so he can get to know the team, and fly him straight back to Durham. He can get his shit from Lubbock later. Or fuck that, just buy him a new wardrobe.

So TJ Shannon (TTech guard) has already entered the portal. We should put him up in the Four Seasons or wherever we are staying - an upgrade from the Comfort Inn he spent last night at - so he can get to know the team, and fly him straight back to Durham. He can get his shit from Lubbock later. Or fuck that, just buy him a new wardrobe.
And he’s from Chicago? Scheyer probably passed him a note in the handshake line.

Good breakdown of the game vs TT.

The Roach drop off to Williams when it was 10-2 was amazing. Not sure how he got it between the 2 TT defenders

I really enjoyed that breakdown. Duke's elevator set is strong. It's a great play when one quick action gets a double screen for your best shooter at the top of the key, leads to your best dunker diving to the hoop, and has Paolo as an outlet in the midrange area. Plus, as the author pointed out, there's much less help defense against drives when you're trying to defend all three of those options. Really a tough play to cover.

When Paolo is in play-making mode and not in "I'm shooting no matter what" mode, he really is a gifted offensive player. It's when he settles for shots or pre-determines that no matter what, I'm shooting this possession that he limits his effectiveness. I hope we continue to see more of playmaker Paolo the rest of the season.

I really enjoyed that breakdown. Duke's elevator set is strong. It's a great play when one quick action gets a double screen for your best shooter at the top of the key, leads to your best dunker diving to the hoop, and has Paolo as an outlet in the midrange area. Plus, as the author pointed out, there's much less help defense against drives when you're trying to defend all three of those options. Really a tough play to cover.

I didn't read it but they've hit the slip twice off the elevator, and in the second half they used it to iso for Banchero along the baseline. It's been extremely effective, and I suspect Duke has another wrinkle out of it.

I can watch the replay on youtubeTV. I'll see if I can record it to something shareable. It's a pretty clear thwap to the chest though, and waaay after the whistle. The foul is called near half court and the contact in question is at the basket.
As I'm sure you're aware, you can record your screen. The problem is the file may be too massive to be easily sharable. I guess you could compress it. I can try later too when I'm not so hung over.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom