Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] 2 Duke vs. 3 Texas Tech (NCAA Tournament S16)

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s like when there’s multiple fouls on a drive. The first foul is called, and the second (often after the whistle) isn’t. I just don’t get the outrage here. I’ll find a replay one way or another. I’ve got to see this again.

Here you're describing a bang bang play situation, which is not relevant to this discussion whatsoever.
Lol ok. I’m trying to give similar (hence the use of the word “like”) situations to show why I don’t think this is really that big of a deal.

Did I ban you once or something? I’m not sure I ever knew how to do that, but this response seems a bit extreme. I know I haven’t been around as much lately, but I think most know me on this board to not be a shit stirrer. Maybe I’m misreading tone. Either way, I’d love to find this replay.

I can't screen cap youubeTV, so I had to do this the janky way, but:

Foul is committed near half court
IMG_0577.JPEG

Both teams, including Williams have stopped playing
IMG_0578.JPEG

Williams thwaps Roach in the chest
IMG_0580.JPEG

And another angle of the contact, showing no attempt at the ball
IMG_0581.jpeg

Lol ok. I’m trying to give similar (hence the use of the word “like”) situations to show why I don’t think this is really that big of a deal.

Did I ban you once or something? I’m not sure I ever knew how to do that, but this response seems a bit extreme. I know I haven’t been around as much lately, but I think most know me on this board to not be a shit stirrer. Maybe I’m misreading tone. Either way, I’d love to find this replay.

Did you ban me once? Huh?

I'm telling you those two scenarios are not similar.

Honestly guys, are we really going to say he wasn’t “going for the ball”? If Mark did it, we’d be defending it. That’s all I’m saying. If that’s a tech on Duke, I’d be pretty unhappy.

Did you ban me once? Huh?

I'm telling you those two scenarios are not similar.
Lol alright man. We’re good.

You can't be helped in this scenario. Keep your drunken recollection as fact.

Honestly guys, are we really going to say he wasn’t “going for the ball”? If Mark did it, we’d be defending it. That’s all I’m saying. If that’s a tech on Duke, I’d be pretty unhappy.
He very clearly was not going for the ball. That's sort of the whole point.

I can’t agree with you at all here. If Mark did that and got a T, I would be pretty pissed at Mark for doing something so dumb. There are better views on the ceiling (?) camera and the baseline camera that show Williams’s intent was just to smack Roach in the body.

I can’t agree with you at all here. If Mark did that and got a T, I would be pretty pissed at Mark for doing something so dumb. There are better views on the ceiling (?) camera and the baseline camera that show Williams’s intent was just to smack Roach in the body.
I’ll take your word for it. The screenshots don’t look bad to me at all. I’m sure I’m wrong if you and Zack feel this strongly about it.

I would suggest basking in the beauteous glow of what may be K's last win rather than debating what was probably a debatable play that had no bearing on the outcome of the game. That is what I'm doing, and it feels marvelous.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom