Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke at Virginia

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Shutterstock_12795963ad.jpg

Wednesday, February 23, 7pm ET, ESPN
John Paul Jones Arena

Duke lost to this team.

Expect Duke to be favored by 5-7 points.

Duke getting swept by this shitty team is too stupid for even me to believe will happen. Duke by 10+.

Yeah, and that was last year's Duke team too. This team, for all their flaws, has been a top 15 team all year.

You guys know I strongly believe in the psychological component of the game. I think losing to an inferior opponent is a 5+ point bump in the rematch. The wider the gap between the teams, the bigger the bump. The only thing that doesn't make me predict a total blowout is UVA's bullshit pace.

Yeah, and that was last year's Duke team too. This team, for all their flaws, has been a top 15 team all year.

You guys know I strongly believe in the psychological component of the game. I think losing to an inferior opponent is a 5+ point bump in the rematch. The wider the gap between the teams, the bigger the bump. The only thing that doesn't make me predict a total blowout is UVA's bullshit pace.
To follow up on this, after today's win, Duke is 21-5 in games where they lost to their opponent in the previous matchup earlier in the season. Two of the losses came last season, so 20-3 if you want to exclude that awful team. For all the frustrating things that have happened in the last six years, we're usually pretty good in this type of spot.

07, 09, and 19 UNC sans Zion, right? Going further back, I also remember Maryland sweeping us in 05. These are the only post-97 sweeps I can recall aside from last years two.

So it was almost all UNC? That makes sense. The '21 and '19 sweeps shouldn't count. 2021 because we were shit, 2019 because we were without the greatest player in Duke history. And we all know they owned us during the Hansbrough years.

Basically, I'm saying none of them count.

07, 09, and 19 UNC sans Zion, right? Going further back, I also remember Maryland sweeping us in 05. These are the only post-97 sweeps I can recall aside from last years two.
Sorry, I should've noted that I only tracked it back through 2009-10. I believe the 5 losses are Louisville last season, at UNC last season, at UNC in 2019, Notre Dame in the 2016 ACC Tournament, and Maryland in the 2013 ACC Tournament.

Duke is too inconsistent and doesn’t have the necessary leadership to step on these guys throats. Wouldn’t be surprised with another loss. Wish K would take this group to the next level but I believe it’s almost too late for that. We’ve stagnated.

We always win in Charlottesville by going insane from three against the packline. Tyus/Quinn at the end in 2015, Tatum in the second half in 2017, RJ/Cam in 2019. I'm thinking we get a big AJ game on Wednesday.

There's no way that Moore/Banchero/Roach/Keels/Griffin could combine for 4-15 on 3s again (or worse), right? And surely we can stay below 15 turnovers this time?
I'm just glad we're not playing in Cameron - and how weird is this season that such a thought would be reasonable?

My older brother went to UVa and I have some friends that attended there that I still keep up with that I met through him.

They are already so salty about tonight's officiating and "Duke whining about the officials". It's like they don't even watch their team, which is absolutely the most physical team in the ACC by design. Just constant grabbing and holding and moving screens.

Any chance K adjusted the defense so we don't give up 55% from 2, mostly at the rim?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom