Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke at Virginia

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roach made a lot of really good and really patient moves. The jumpers off the dribble were tough shots. The drives to the rim were great moves. I was kind of surprised that he was able to get to the rim because he has a nice first step but he doesn't have tremendous speed or size. But the patience and decision making was the key.
Also thought he did the best job on defense on Clark.

The problem is the guys like Kihei Clark and the Boeheim brothers, or the whites on VTech, basically those with no NBA futures, are gonna take these extra years. Were gonna be playing with our usual 18 year olds against these geriatrics who will beat us with their experienxe and guile.

The problem is the guys like Kihei Clark and the Boeheim brothers, or the whites on VTech, basically those with no NBA futures, are gonna take these extra years. Were gonna be playing with our usual 18 year olds against these geriatrics who will beat us with their experienxe and guile.

If a player can torch us they can play for us. Hope the staff looks at the grad transfer route to supplement the team.

So I’m dumb and don’t really understand who gets a free COVID 5th year. Is Clark eligible to come back next season?
As far as I understand it, it's like the 2020-21 season was a freebie and doesn't count. So anyone who played that year (including Clark) can use it.
That's another reason why you can't let Hank, Brake and Goldy walk. This would be a deep veteran team, with Hank and Brake around for 4 more years after getting a year of Duke pressure under their belts.
Who knows, maybe they hated it, but if there was ever a year to hold onto recruits, it's after a free year of eligibility.

ETA, with Banch and Theo being such net drags on the team, Hank could've been very valuable.

My favorite play of this game was in the first half, three minutes left, side OOB. Virginia, for whatever reason, extends out to passively challenge the inbounds. Roach made a great, instinctive decision to cut inside and use their aggressiveness against them, and gets downhill for a beautiful lefty lay-in. Nice read by Banchero to go along with it and hit Roach in stride.

It was refreshing to see them play to their instincts in that moment and not stick to the usual safe, boring, just-get-the-ball-inbounds routine (which I’m sure would’ve resulted in a disgusting offensive possession).

That sequence in the second half where Mark Williams kept swatting away every shot attempt that Poppy guy tried until he finally went to the bench crying and some uva scrub threw a towel over his head is possibly the best thing I have seen all year.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom