Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke vs. Miami (ACC Tournament Semifinals)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
header_1296x729.jpg

Friday, March 11, 7pm ET, ESPN/ESPN2
Barclays Center, Brooklyn

Duke looks to survive and advance past another gutsy opponent.

BC looking dominant in the first few minutes against Miami.

Need a BC miracle because there is no chance Duke beats Miami.
I actually give us as good a chance against Miami. But I always weigh the rematch factor very heavily.

Well, that's what I would have said a week ago anyway. Something weird is going on with this team right now. They went from trending up and up to not even looking like a top 50 team. I don't think that's merely coaching or scheme. Maybe they really all do have the stomachs of 80-year-old cancer survivors.

I actually give us as good a chance against Miami. But I always weigh the rematch factor very heavily.

Well, that's what I would have said a week ago anyway. Something weird is going on with this team right now. They went from trending up and up to not even looking like a top 50 team. I don't think that's merely coaching or scheme. Maybe they really all do have the stomachs of 80-year-old cancer survivors.
Did you really think today's game was that bad? I was hoping for a dominant bounce-back, but BartTorvik has it as a 90, which I was fine with, especially considering the shot quality of each team. I don't know if those stats are available somewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to UCLA against Gonzaga last year.

Did you really think today's game was that bad? I was hoping for a dominant bounce-back, but BartTorvik has it as a 90, which I was fine with, especially considering the shot quality of each team. I don't know if those stats are available somewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to UCLA against Gonzaga last year.
Sorry for overreacting. Reading this again and seeing the last line, this is clearly sarcasm.

Yes, I think allowing 79 points against a bad Syracuse team missing their best player is terrible. Especially considering we were coming off a terrible loss and should have been refocused.

WRT our defensive effort today, Syracuse only shot 39% from inside the arc. I tend to see that stat as a pretty good indicator of defensive performance. No excuse for allowing such a mediocre rebounding team to grab 37% of their own misses, though.

I guess I agree with Grit that today's game was neither encouraging nor particularly concerning. If you're looking for positives, Roach is continuing to look like a different player offensively.

Oh my just got back in. I thought Miami played later. 2 pt win and OT? Interesting. BC should be proud of themselves

K losing to garbage (2021)/mediocre (2022) Miami teams in his final 3 games against them would be fucking awful.

Play zone and win by 10+ tomorrow, pls.

He showed against Virginia that he's willing to alter the scheme in a rematch. Hopefully he doesn't think our faces are too weak to process a scouting report or something.

He showed against Virginia that he's willing to alter the scheme in a rematch. Hopefully he doesn't think our faces are too weak to process a scouting report or something.
The game's tomorrow. They didn't even know who they were playing until late this afternoon because of overtime. How could they possibly have time to scout or prepare?

Can't tell if you're serious or not, but it's not like they haven't seen all these teams before. I would expect the staff to watch some tape, come up with some sort of basic plan, and do a quick run through tomorrow. They don't play until 7pm.

The gameplan may not be extremely complex. But it doesn't need to be. Miami just needs to not be able to run exactly the same stuff they did before.

I don't know how much this team has played a zone, so I'm not too sure it'd be effective. But they need to back off the pressure and keep Mark Williams glued to the paint.

Larranaga is one coach that continuously rips our defense to shreds, so we'll know fairly soon in the game whether we win or not

He ripped us to shreds in the first one and we still should have won. When this team gets down big, they comeback (but still usually lose).

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom