Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke vs. Miami (ACC Tournament Semifinals)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we somehow get past Miami, the final against either Va Tech or UNC will not be fun.

Can't tell if you're serious or not, but it's not like they haven't seen all these teams before. I would expect the staff to watch some tape, come up with some sort of basic plan, and do a quick run through tomorrow. They don't play until 7pm.

The gameplan may not be extremely complex. But it doesn't need to be. Miami just needs to not be able to run exactly the same stuff they did before.
I was joking because I feel like I've seen quotes from K along those lines at other points this year, but tbh I'm never really sure if people are just making those up because I never follow any press conference stuff.

UNC is up to #25 on KenPom. They've soared recently, and are looking like a second-weekend team.

Doesn’t the winner of the second UNC-Duke game almost always have a better NCAAT showing? Certainly feels like that’s going to be in play this season.

Doesn’t the winner of the second UNC-Duke game almost always have a better NCAAT showing? Certainly feels like that’s going to be in play this season.
I don't feel like looking it up, but I believe the only exceptions this century are 2019 and 2014. Not sure if 2019 should count, given Zion's injury.

Reactions: TS9
UNC is up to #25 on KenPom. They've soared recently, and are looking like a second-weekend team.

Second weekend implies top 16

Yes, and considering how much they've improved the last couple of weeks, I think that they're approaching that territory.

Approaching top 16? By what metric?

Let’s wait for a sample size greater than 2 before drawing conclusions like this when just a week or so ago they needed OT to put away Cuse in CH

They’d need to likely beat a 1 or a 2 seed to get to the second weekend. I would think they end up on the 7 or 8 line.

I guess maybe 6 if they win the next two and it’s Duke in the final. That would give them a significantly better chance of reaching the second weekend.

Second weekend implies top 16

Yes, and considering how much they've improved the last couple of weeks, I think that they're approaching that territory.

Approaching top 16? By what metric?

Let’s wait for a sample size greater than 2 before drawing conclusions like this when just a week or so ago they needed OT to put away Cuse in CH

During UNC's 6 game winning streak, beginning on February 19th versus Virginia Tech, UNC is #5 in the country according to Bart Torvik, with the #40 offense and #10 defense. Duke is #6, with the #1 offense, and #188 defense. If you go back to February 8th, UNC's first game after their loss at home to Duke, UNC is #17

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom