Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Wake Forest at Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Jake-LaRavia.jpeg

Tuesday, February 15, 7pm ET, ESPN
Cameron Indoor Stadium

Duke looks to overcome its home court disadvantage and keep hopes alive for a 1-seed in both the ACC and NCAA tournaments.

Expect Duke to be favored by around 10 points.

As things stand today, our 1-seed odds are pretty slim, but definitely not dead. Ultimately, though, I think there’s just an unreasonable number of dominos that need to fall our way in order to get there.

Not that it matters. Regardless of seeding, we’re getting a full complement of name-brand programs in our bracket. CBS doesn’t want any Duke-Texas Tech or Duke-Providence bullshit on the second weekend of K’s final run, assuming K is engaged enough to get this team to the second weekend.

Last edited:
I hate playing name brand programs in the tournament. Maybe it’s just the crushing E8 losses in 2018 and 2019 coloring things, but it feels like we haven’t had much success against them in a long time.

I’d feel much more confident playing Houston than Kansas for example, despite the two being .03 apart on Kenpom.

Reactions: TS9
As things stand today, our 1-seed odds are pretty slim, but definitely not dead. Ultimately, though, I think there’s just an unreasonable number of dominos that need to fall our way in order to get there.

Not that it matters. Regardless of seeding, we’re getting a full complement of name-brand programs in our bracket. CBS doesn’t want any Duke-Texas Tech or Duke-Providence bullshit on the second weekend of K’s final run, assuming K is engaged enough to get this team to the second weekend.

I have 3rd seeded Providence (Kenpom 47) tagged for a second round matchup against upstart 11th seeded North Carolina (Kenpom 38) in my bracket.

I'm not confident playing Little House on the Prairie Fighting Gophers either.

Alright guys let’s defy the odds and win a home game against an unranked opponent

Alright guys let’s defy the odds and win a home game against an unranked opponent
Is this game crucial for our conference and NCAA tournament seeding? Yes? Then you can pretty much chalk it up as a loss.

On the plus side, this will be a good chance to compare Scheyer's coaching to K's since we saw what Scheyer did versus the same team.

Reactions: TS9
Not happy with Keels starting. I liked him with the 2nd team they way he's been playing.

Instead, we will get Baker, Bates, John and ROach on the court at the same time

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom