Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Wake Forest at Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still haven’t seen an angle that doesn’t convince me that’s basket interference

ILM6dyl.png

Question I don't know the answer to - should it not actually have been goaltending because he first tipped it back into the cylinder with his left hand, and then flushed it from over the cylinder with his right hand?

I'm really not seeing the level of separation between when each hand touches the ball that you're talking about. It looks almost simultaneous to me. Got a good clip where you can see it?

Question I don't know the answer to - should it not actually have been goaltending because he first tipped it back into the cylinder with his left hand, and then flushed it from over the cylinder with his right hand?

My current understanding of the rule after ingesting a day of takes on it is this: If the first tip occurred outside the cylinder, there can be a second touch that occurs inside the cylinder as long as it’s part of the same player’s “gathering” motion to complete the shot.

That does make sense. I guess a lot of nonsensical things could happen otherwise, like a dunk that rattles off the back rim and back off the dunker's knuckles grasping the rim before going through not counting. I feel better now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom