Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Virginia

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also we have to stop pretending that Ryan Young isn't awful. I don't care about the plus minus. It's like having a team manager out there.

This was probably the worst imaginable matchup for him along with a theoretical 2013 era FSU team, and it’s true he has a low ceiling relatively speaking, but this take completely ignores the first half of the season where we weren’t getting anything from Lively, and Young’s ferocious rebounding was keeping our heads above water defensively while he was contributing in offensive rebound outbacks and very quick up and under moves when our guards were producing very little. And this was rightly reflected in the stats @childress22 is tracking, along when he still has good games and goes by unremarked
Ok in fairness this was mostly just a salty chat message after an infuriating loss, inspired by a bad missed layup from Young and a play or two where he offered no resistance at the rim. Young is an elite offensive rebounder and surprisingly strong finisher but he really fails my eye test and I tend to get irrationally angry watching him. I had the same thing with Marshall Plumlee.

It seems that Lively's skillset is bound to scale better against most good teams and I was surprised to see the minutes distribution on Saturday. But I only caught the last five minutes of the game, and apparently Young was good prior to that.

Yeah, I prefer the on-paper version of Ryan Young to the actual product. While I appreciate all of the positive things he does on the court, I don't want to watch him doing them.

Would’ve still needed a Miami loss which looks unlikely (they have FSU and Pitt remaining, both at home), but yeah. Maddening.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom