Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Virginia

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When the umps overturned George Brett's homer against the Yankees, the Royals ended up losing the game. The Royals protested, won the protest and finished off their win 25 days later.

People are using this clip to say there was no foul, which 1. doesn't matter and 2. is totally wrong. Flip's body shifts direction midair because he is bodied and the guy gets mostly wrist

Last edited:
Also we have to stop pretending that Ryan Young isn't awful. I don't care about the plus minus. It's like having a team manager out there.

This was probably the worst imaginable matchup for him along with a theoretical 2013 era FSU team, and it’s true he has a low ceiling relatively speaking, but this take completely ignores the first half of the season where we weren’t getting anything from Lively, and Young’s ferocious rebounding was keeping our heads above water defensively while he was contributing in offensive rebound outbacks and very quick up and under moves when our guards were producing very little. And this was rightly reflected in the stats @childress22 is tracking, along when he still has good games and goes by unremarked

Last edited:
I'm still even more baffled by the late-game Whitehead minutes. I mean, he scored 10 straight points between 12:28-9:13, which turned the game for us. Then we took him out and didn't score for almost 5 minutes, and didn't get another FG for almost 8 minutes.

I don't have sub data so I can't exactly remember when he came back in, but I feel like it was pretty late. He didn't record any stat between 9:13 and 0:29, at least.

It has to be. Scheyer can’t circumvent a minutes restriction, taking on some non-zero risk that Whitehead gets injured during that game, related or not. Real world consequences and backlash would be too severe.

Whitehead was out until 1:30 left. I wouldn’t believe any other explanation for that. If his minutes restriction were 30 instead of 25, Duke probably wins the game without coming down to a final call.

Also - kind of an aside, but does Jon actually deserve credit for that last OOB play? To me, it looked like the play's actions didn't work, and Flip just made a good cut afterwarxs. I don't think you'd design a play that doesn't develop until so close to the 5-second call.

And it's not like Lively was giving us anything. Though I did think Jon's leash with him was too short when he brought him back in during the second half. He fucked up one coverage and UVA got a dunk out of it. Jon immediately brought Young back in.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom