Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Kansas (at Indianapolis)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For as bad as Proctor has shot it, he’s done a really good job setting his teammates up with good opportunities. I’ve been surprised with that part of his game.
The thing I like best about his game can only be describe as "feel." He looks like he's played in more sophisticated and modern systems than CBB as currently constructed. I think his struggles are twofold: adapting to a shittier version of the game; playing more off the ball.

Anyway, I'll probably be way too bullish on him relative to his efficiency and stats. He just meets my eye test of a player with a high understanding of the game. For the same reasons, I'm still way higher on Cade Cunningham than I probably should be relative to his performance.

As Scheyer heads toward the first loss of his head coaching career, Vegas is giving Duke a 57-58% chance to win. This has been a relatively dramatic shift on no major news, from Kansas as high as -2 to Duke now as high as -2.5. I don't recall many main spreads or moneylines that have moved that much based on nothing.
Someone said elsewhere that 64% of the betting public put their money on Kansas. That means all the "big money" is going to Duke for whatever reason.

For as bad as Proctor has shot it, he’s done a really good job setting his teammates up with good opportunities. I’ve been surprised with that part of his game.

He's an extremely high IQ and is very highly skilled player. His slight frame is deceiving because he's actually 6'5 with a decent wing span. I think he can become a P&R savant in the NBA. His vision, IQ, skill and size that allow him to see the floor even against bigger defenders will result in a lot of great looks for teammates out of his balls screens.

I think for Duke to reach its ceiling this year Scheyer has to find a way to mesh Proctor and Roach together. They both need to be high usage but both operate very differently.

If Proctor shows up tonight wearing his hair in a man-bun, it will be his breakout game.
The secret is always the hair.
Man-bun Proctor is a gamer -

It just seems like storybook that the new young coach gets humbled by the old veteran pro like Self, even if it’s close, so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win and not too down if not, as long as it’s not a blowout

edit: the ghost of Self hovering over the arena, I guess

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom