Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Kansas (at Indianapolis)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is bothering me is the missed FT by Roach. That hurt is against UNC when we needed it. Make your damn FT's

At the end of the day if Whitehead is a high usage stud for us... tonight's results are irrelevant. The rebounding profile of this team is apparently legit, so that will keep our floor relatively high and we shouldn't be upset-prone against scrubs like some K teams were.

The roster is too cluttered right now. Scheyer needs to sort it out. There's no reason to be putting 3 bigs out there together. This team can look like a living paycheck to paycheck version of 2010, but they need to find those top 7 guys and cut the rest out of games like this.

but they need to find those top 7 guys and cut the rest out of games like this.
Funny, because they only essentially played 6 in most of the second half minus a few minutes of Blakes. Roach, Proctor, Mitchell, Flip, Lively, Young

Never would have guessed Flip went 6 for 18. Maybe because half those misses were offensive Rebounds, Zion style.

Needed Blakes, Roach and Granderson to hit more than ONE three between them. Kind of a re-run of the FF loss where Griffin, Moore and Roach missed everything too

Funny, because they only essentially played 6 in most of the second half minus a few minutes of Blakes. Roach, Proctor, Mitchell, Flip, Lively, Young

That's an absolutely disgusting top 7, though. Ideally, all of these guys prove to be good at what they're supposed to be good at:

PG Proctor
SG Roach
SF Whitehead
PF Filipowski
C Lively

Bench - Mitchell, Grandison, Blakes (0.5 guy)

I think a big question is, will Scheyer decide it's okay to play flip at the 5 for stretches at some point? Otherwise, Young is going to get major minutes, unless Reeves can be ready. But I don't know why we can't just play WH-Mitchell-Flip at the 3-5 when Lively is out, that's already a big lineup.

Then throw in Roach/Proctor taking all the backcourt minutes they can handle with Blakes spelling them, and ideally Grandison rotating in if he can not be a total POS. That should be the clear top 6, with 8 playing most games.

The whole team shot like garbage…will they have another game making 3 or less 3 pointers in a game or shoot less than 15% again? Or have at least 18 TOs in a game this season again? A lot of ugly basketball tonight all around. However with time the talent is still there to be a really good team.

I know Roach isn’t the traditional PG but tonight had 1 asts and 3 TOs.

The little Kansas PG had 10 asts to 1 TO

Roach did have 16 pts on 17 shots. He has to be better (more efficient-and getting others involved) no doubt.

That's an absolutely disgusting top 7, though. Ideally, all of these guys prove to be good at what they're supposed to be good at:

PG Proctor
SG Roach
SF Whitehead
PF Filipowski
C Lively

Bench - Mitchell, Grandison, Blakes (0.5 guy)

I think this is generally on target. I think Duke will roll with a 8.5 man rotation, with Blakes and Grandison being 7 & 8. Scheyer seems more committed to having a deeper bench than K did.

The 0.5 guy will be Ryan Young and he'll get minutes in games against teams with more traditional bigs.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom