Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Miami

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's big to come out of the next week at least 1-1. don't want to need a road win at UVA or Syracuse or gasp UNC

Probably a very long shot, but hope the atmosphere and energy was fun for the Stevenson kid.

duke's tourney resume is fine so long as the road record is not a big screaming red flag. which it currently is but there is time to fix

AFAIK we still have zero losses worse than Q1 so I think worrying about our tourney chances aren’t warranted for now. 3 (4?) Q1 wins, several Q2, and only 5 Q1 losses at this time (including to two top 10 teams) is well in the 4-6 seed range.

In comparison, two years ago at this time we had a Quad 3 loss, a Quad 2 loss, two Quad 1 losses, and our only wins were one Quad 2, and a few Quad 3s and 4s.

Last edited:
I thought Scheyer was great today. Offensive/defensive switches, changing defenses, 2 for 1 in the first half. Can’t fault him for 50 missed layups and Roach’s perennial front end miss.

I’d say that was the best we’ve defended a tournament level Miami team since Larranaga arrived there. They shot 12/40 from 2. 10/21 from 3 but many of them felt like bullshit makes/were off scramble plays. Didn’t feel there were a ton of wide open looks.

There were a few holes in the zone looks today, but whatever we did it was different than our kind of staid 2-3 look. A little like a 1-3-1 matchup, or 2-3 matchup? There was def one possession in the 2nd where it looked like we switched from full zone to full man as the possession went on.

I saw a 1-3-1, a 3-2, and and maybe an amoeba match up zone in the second half. Really cool switch ups. Lively defended well in the zones.

TCU is good. Pitt really fucked up by running off Jamie Dixon

Did they run him off? I thought TCU was his alma mater

He may have left for TCU anyway but I’ve seen it implied that Pitt fans/admin were not sad to see him go and were pretty much ready to move on. Similar to Mike White jumping from Florida to UGA last year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom