Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Oral Roberts (NCAA Tournament R64)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
LUYDKOVFVQE3WVP6DXGNY5WZIE.jpg

Thursday, March 16, 7:10pm ET, CBS
Amway Center, Orlando, FL

Created this mainly for game chat purposes and post-mortems about this Duke season.

Looking forward to the inevitable "killshot" that Oral Roberts uses to put us out of our misery. It will probably come on a step-back 40 footer from Abmas as the shit clock expires.

If that lil shit doesn't go all Steph Curry/Lehigh CJ McCollum nuclear on us - Proctor deserves player of the game and I don’t even care if Proctor fails to score a single point tonight.

Having our mulch put down today. Wife asks landscaper to remove bush. Landscaper cuts Verizon cable. Wife says 'no worries, Verizon coming tomorrow to fix, we're just without TV/Cable for one night'.
My wife is in Chicago for work, and my kids have piano lessons tonight. I can’t remember the last Duke first round game I missed. Had to have been back when we had to accept whatever game was airing on our local CBS.

Have never felt this way about a Duke first round game before. A win would be great and a loss would be disappointing but not shocking/embarrassing. Don't have the usual sense of dread/Lehigh/Mercer PTSD.

Have never felt this way about a Duke first round game before. A win would be great and a loss would be disappointing but not shocking/embarrassing. Don't have the usual sense of dread/Lehigh/Mercer PTSD.

Eehhh maybe if we'd backdoor'd in as an 8-11 seed like we were on course before the first UNC game, but I think we need at least one win in this or they'll be an unresolved angst around Scheyer for another year. Unless it's some laughable result like ORU going 15/30 on Steph Curry threes

I've resigned myself for a loss. Committee hosed us. Nothing we could do.

Eehhh maybe if we'd backdoor'd in as an 8-11 seed like we were on course before the first UNC game, but I think we need at least one win in this or they'll be an unresolved angst around Scheyer for another year. Unless it's some laughable result like ORU going 15/30 on Steph Curry threes
Would certainly be a disappointing end to the season but I think I think we all saw enough from Scheyer this year that (depending on the nature of the loss) it wouldn't be too disturbing. It's been repeated ad nauseam but the improved defense and actual improvement over the course of the season have been so damn refreshing. I think I'll probably go into next year feeling pretty positive regardless of how this team does in the tournament.

Would certainly be a disappointing end to the season but I think I think we all saw enough from Scheyer this year that (depending on the nature of the loss) it wouldn't be too disturbing. It's been repeated ad nauseam but the improved defense and actual improvement over the course of the season have been so damn refreshing. I think I'll probably go into next year feeling pretty positive regardless of how this team does in the tournament.
I agree, though I will say my level of optimism will depend on how many returnees we have. If it's none (or none but Schutt, Young, or Blakes), then next year feels a lot like this year but with even less experience.

It's impossible to know, but I wonder how a 1st round loss versus a deep run would affect departures decisions. Scouts seem to be lazy and prone to judging players heavily on the NCAA tournament. That never made any sense to me, given the sample size and randomness of the event. If your franchise has millions of dollars and dozens of jobs on the line with a given decision, wouldn't you ignore individual games and look at the whole body of work?

Imagine making a cinderella run to the title game and still having none of your players garner the slightest bit of pro interest.

I bet if we made a similar run, we'd roughly zero returnees for the reason you mentioned. Also agree that its stupid but it seems to be how NBA teams operate.

Imagine making a cinderella run to the title game and still having none of your players garner the slightest bit of pro interest.

I bet if we made a similar run, we'd roughly zero returnees for the reason you mentioned. Also agree that its stupid but it seems to be how NBA teams operate.
I get it if you're scouting players from mid-majors who may play almost no high level competition all year.

But our guys played Miami, Kansas, UVA, Xavier, Iowa, NC State, Pitt, and Purdue. I'm pretty sure scouts have access to sites that show just the footage of a given player. And if they don't, they have staff who cuts and compiles footage for them. It's not like you have to spend thousands of hours watching tape. You could watch every play Filipowski had against top 100 teams in an hour.

That, to me, seems far more indicative of how good he is than whether he struggles with Oral.

7'5" is tall. Could be a problem.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom