Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Pitt

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My best attempt at explaining this team is that it all comes down to moving and running stuff on offense. When that happens, there are enough breaks in the defense for our large people to bully their way into the lane, which also seems to be when the rim volleyball and putbacks start happening. They also seem to get defensive energy from their offense not sucking, more than vice versa.

The problem is we're usually running an iso-heavy offense, like we have a lineup full of scorers and spacers. This mostly results in a bunch of swinging the ball until Flip or whoever tries to force his way through a compacted defense, and either gets it knocked away or has to pick up his dribble too early because of swiping hands.

If we're going to go big, I wish we'd be more intentional about running actual offense that 1) makes the defense move around and 2) includes more passes to the elbows and stuff instead of just to someone standing 25' out. Who we've been playing seems inconsistent with how we've been playing.

They have the kind of guys I think we should go after in the portal. Undersized old heads who can dribble /shoot/ defend. I know Burton and Cummings are a little more skilled than Courtney Raney, but I still thought he could have brought that same kind of vibe to this year's team, even playing alongside Roach.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom