Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] USC Upstate

What's your prediction?

• Duke by 30 or more

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Duke by less than 30

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • USC Upstate wins

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
shit in a week and a half we play the team that just beat Nolan

I listen to so many NBA podcasts that minimize the importance of coaching. This is insane to me. We've gone from a horrible defensive coach to a savant. How many examples of Mark Jackson to Kerr or Jason Kidd to Budenholzer do you need before accepting that coaching is actually one of the most important elements to basketball success?

I think Duke fans have been effectively gaslighted by K’s last decade into thinking it’s normal for super-talented, high IQ rosters (relatively speaking) to play terrible defense. I would lean toward thinking that Scheyer is an average-to-good defensive coach and K was a disastrously bad defensive coach in his later years.

Yeah, but I just watched UNC look like a sub-100 defense with a bunch of upperclassmen.

I don't think this Duke roster screams "elite defensive personnel." If Scheyer's defense looks like this with this roster, what would he have been able to do last year? Mark Williams probably goes #1 overall after averaging 5 blocks per game on the greatest defense ever.

Back to wishing K had just bounced after 2020. We probably make the tournament in 2021 and win it all last year with Scheyer as HC.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom