Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2022 NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DurhamSon

Legend
print328.png

Last edited:
I hope the committee chairman wore a chastity belt for Cal. What a &^%% easy bracket for UK.

I’ll be going with Gonzaga in my medium size office pool again. This feels like a UVA year-after situation to me, when a bunch of people have lost confidence in them ever living up to their regular season performance and the vast majority of casual fans not knowing how far ahead of the field they are by computer numbers. Kenpom and Silver will undoubtedly have them as the heavy plurality favorite.

In a very large but not enormous size pool (not ESPN’s all-comers pool, for example), I’d go with Houston. In an enormous pool, I guess Patrick Tape’s San Francisco Dons make the most sense.

At the top of Duke’s region, that’s an eerie 1 Wichita State (Van Vleet, Baker, Early) vs. 8 Kentucky (Randle, Cauley-Stein, Harrisons) matchup looming.

If we can rationalize giving Duke a non-zero chance of making it to the Elite Eight, then I think Memphis is the team we root for to get a shot at Gonzaga. Memphis is 8th in adjusted overall efficiency over their last 14 games, which is definitely cherry picking their best stretch of the season, but is also very relevant because it’s their latest stretch of the season. They have a player who should decimate Timme based on raw talent and might even embarrass Holmgren with physicality. They’ve stopped playing Bates when he’s hurting them, which is something K has never been able to do consistently with a star freshman. They have viable high volume 3pt threats.

They will lose to Boise State.

Davidson/MSU in the 2nd round is pretty solid actually. Also don’t think Tech in a potential Sweet 16 is horrible. All in all a pretty solid draw for Duke. Will be interesting to see how K loses his final game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom