Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Arizona

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think my biggest concern is that Tommy Lloyd's first two teams remind me a bit of some of K's teams in the 2000s in that they have started the year really fast and looked great in the early months (before the rest of the country catches up and they look like ass in March).

Will any of Caleb Love’s former teammates be sitting behind the Arizona bench? If so, what’s the O/U?

There's a surprisingly large talent discrepancy, given Arizona should really be in the top 10 for talent every season. None of these Arizona guys is going to play in the NBA next season, based on mock drafts.

Kylan Boswell is at #49 on ESPN's best available list (which I assume is driven by Givony), and no other Arizona players are in the top 100. Duke has 3 solidly in the 1st round (11 Filipowski, 13 Proctor, 17 McCain) a 4th borderline (29 Mitchell) and a 5th at the Boswell level (48 Foster).

Suffice to say, fire Scheyer if he loses this one.

This feels vaguely like the TN game, aesthetically. Big, old, physical team that's going to try to bully us, with some guards who will decide to go off front 3. Athletic 4 who will randomly have the game of his life. Giant eastern European bigs who will be rotating in.

Hopefully we'll be able to 1) handle the physical challenge, and 2) actually be able to exploit being the quicker, more skilled team this time around. The game being at home is a big deal, at least.

Holy shit:

For those who can't expand/open on Twitter:

A few notes - A couple of things to do tonight is pushing Arizona off the three-point stripe while not fouling heavily. The Wildcats knock down their free throws and get to the line a lot. Remember, it is early. Duke has yet to blend their lineup together.
But the lessons learned in tonight's game will pay dividends from taking on a high-octane opponent. It was ballsy to schedule a tremendous intersectional matchup in the early season.
Intersectional games used to be treats for the home fans who see a great out-of-conference opponent. But they faded for Duke and other schools. Modern-day scheduling with a shifting landscape also makes adding these games challenging.
But Scheyer seems dedicated to returning to one matchup a season, which is excellent news for fans. He even said they had contact with other programs already.
This game will be tense out of the gate. Duke will return the favor and travel west next season, but that game will come about a week later than this year's game.

I hate this time of year. I dread each game day.

The loss to UNC kind of ruined everything for me from a caring purpose. Like yes, I want Duke to win but if they lose, it's still not as bad as that Final Four loss to UNC.

Also, having gummies on hand makes things easier - highly recommended if legalized in your area!

Holy shit:

For those who can't expand/open on Twitter:

A few notes - A couple of things to do tonight is pushing Arizona off the three-point stripe while not fouling heavily. The Wildcats knock down their free throws and get to the line a lot. Remember, it is early. Duke has yet to blend their lineup together.
But the lessons learned in tonight's game will pay dividends from taking on a high-octane opponent. It was ballsy to schedule a tremendous intersectional matchup in the early season.
Intersectional games used to be treats for the home fans who see a great out-of-conference opponent. But they faded for Duke and other schools. Modern-day scheduling with a shifting landscape also makes adding these games challenging.
But Scheyer seems dedicated to returning to one matchup a season, which is excellent news for fans. He even said they had contact with other programs already.
This game will be tense out of the gate. Duke will return the favor and travel west next season, but that game will come about a week later than this year's game.

Posts like this are what made him block me and I was just trying to offer some constructive criticism, like "Have you ever considered hiring a ghostwriter?" I think that was great advice.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom