Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Arizona

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have got to find a way to help out Flip on defense. Lloyd went after him all night and his modest foul trouble ended up being the difference in the game. Flip could be smarter about fouling too, but even if he fixes that, he’s having to work way too hard on defense.

Why’d Scheyer not sub Young out when Arizona was shooting the and-1 FT at the end? So we have Young in the game on our most important offensive possession of the game and Arizona didn’t bother to guard him, which condensed the court tremendously.

The only answer I can come up with is Scheyer thought that having Ryan Young in for a potential offensive rebound. This is not a good answer at all, but it can at least be explained.

Mitchell should be doing this

Mitchell has proven he can play well in marquee games though.

The Mitchell backlash is fucking stupid.

Allowed a 1 game complaint. He was awful yesterday. Saying that, he 100% should have been in there instead of Young.

To clarify, I wrote that when I was drunk and had seen a lot of bullshit on Twitter about Mitchell. Wasn't directed at bdotling's comment specifically. I just felt like I'd seen too many knee-jerk takes about Mitchell.

So, some sort of adjustment was made by Scheyer in the 2nd half, right? AZ was OR 55% of their shots in the 1st half and ended up at 37% for the game. The ball movement was better. Got better shots. We were driving into the paint. Not sure how we shot no real FT for the last 11:30 of the game (well, I guess 11:30 til whenever Young clogged up the offense).

If only this game had been scheduled a couple of weeks later, Duke might have won by forfeit. Or if the game was still played, Arizona players would have been exhausted after traveling cross country in rented vans.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom