Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Arkansas

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll give McCain credit for his work on the defensive glass. He's got to be close to outrebounding Mitchell on the year.

I can't believe we lost a game in which we had ~20 layup attempts period, along with ~20 pretty good looks from three. We should have scored 90

36/27/68 splits as a team. Pretty awful. Had 10 shots blocked, which goes a long way towards the 18-45 2PT shooting.

DurhamSon said:
I can't believe we lost a game in which we had ~20 layup attempts period, along with ~20 pretty good looks from three. We should have scored 90
Honestly the missed layups can't just be chalked as unlucky like the rest of our shooting all over the court. Arkansas' 10 blocks and our contested 2pt fg % was fairly indicative of our warts against teams of this archetype. Nonetheless, if we shoot normally on open shots from the perimeter or Arkansas shoots normally instead of 41% from 3 tonight...we win pretty comfortably

Behind UNC on the pom and will stay there all year

Foul trouble mucked us up but we need an offense that works with Mark’s inability to shoot. Might as well roll with Sean in a game like this to battle better on the boards

bdotling said:
Foul trouble mucked us up but we need an offense that works with Mark’s inability to shoot. Might as well roll with Sean in a game like this to battle better on the boards
Gameplan needs to change. Every game we've started slow on offense. Stop forcing it into Flip the first 5 minutes. Everyone knows it's gonna happen and they even blocked his spin/drop step move on the first possession because that has become his go to move.

Pantone287 said:
36/27/68 splits as a team. Pretty awful. Had 10 shots blocked, which goes a long way towards the 18-45 2PT shooting.
Yeah, the 10 shots blocked at the rim thing is the only thing I'm bummed about. The 3pt and FT% were just variance imo.

Proctor and Mark looked so pathetic on the court tonight that if just one of them was actually effective tonight, our team shooting splits wouldn't have mattered because this would have been an ugly W.

Last edited:
Mark was -11 in 18 minutes. I wish we moved on offense to aiw’s point. We should play much faster too

FT% were just variance imo.
Better hope this is the case. 2 bad FT games in a row.
It's definitely just bullshit variance at this point.

Foster and especially McCain's shooting will likely pick up later in the season. It's hard to fathom two guards with years of solid HS shooting splits against solid competition, not translating at all. Screenshot 2023-11-30 12.16.38 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-30 12.16.16 AM.png

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom