Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Bucknell

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very happy about what the team did in this game. Threes were made by multiple players, guards rebounded, Stewart got minutes, Mitchell looked great (forgetabouthehideous3s)

I'm very happy about what the team did in this game. Threes were made by multiple players, guards rebounded, Stewart got minutes, Mitchell looked great (forgetabouthehideous3s)
Stewart played more minutes than Young. That's as it should be in a game like this. I also like that Power got minutes even if he did miss all his shots.

Stewart played more minutes than Young. That's as it should be in a game like this. I also like that Power got minutes even if he did miss all his shots.

Yeah, these are the games where it's okay if Power can't shoot and Stewart is a hyper-athletic idiot.

Yeah, these are the games where it's okay if Power can't shoot and Stewart is a hyper-athletic idiot.
Pants' favorite player type

Definitely did not remember there was a game at 3 pm my time. Whoops.

I wish we had a shooter like Forest. I can't believe he somehow only ended up 5-14. He looked like prime fucking Klay Thompson out there. I get that guys like McCain and Foster can shoot, but the ability of this dude to come firing off of screens is ridiculous.

Scheyer getting a technical was more important than the score tonight IMO

I'm fairly confident that was the first technical Scheyer has been charged with since the first organized game he ever played.
Watching him get that made me so uncomfortable. You could tell it was a very conscious goal the whole time, but it's so unnatural for him to be mean that it took like fifteen seconds until the ref was finally like, oh, okay, this is what you're doing. Before that, I think he was just confused as to why the nice young man kept accidentally waving his hand in front of his face.

Also, Sean Stewart is amazing and I'll not be convinced otherwise. He does so many positive things when he's not doing stupid things. He's going to be a Rodmanesque rebounder for us.

Also, Sean Stewart is amazing and I'll not be convinced otherwise. He does so many positive things when he's not doing stupid things. He's going to be a Rodmanesque rebounder for us.
I can't get over his athleticism. Like, I know Zion was athletic. But this is different. The dude moves like liquid or something. I don't know how else to explain it.

That said, his hands and offensive skills need work. He also seems to move too fast for his own good sometimes. His coordination is behind his athleticism.

Anyway, I know I'm a broken record, but I don't tend to think the correlation between athleticism and effective basketball is as strong as people make it out to be. Hopefully Stewart can actually tap into his gifts. He at least doesn't look lost defensively. The stupid things he does are often due to trying to make spectacular plays.

I think there's a good chance he solidifies himself in the top eight. Blakes is Blakes. Schutt is redshirting. Power is not ready. Reeves is injured. And Stewart looks way ahead of Reeves anyway.

I can't get over his athleticism. Like, I know Zion was athletic. But this is different. The dude moves like liquid or something. I don't know how else to explain it.

Think about it this way - he's Zion, minus eighty pounds.

That said, his hands and offensive skills need work. He also seems to move too fast for his own good sometimes. His coordination is behind his athleticism.
He looks like if a normal person accidentally got all of their athleticism attributes maxed out to 150% out of nowhere, and now has to get used to working their new body. Any random little jump towards a ball caroming off the rim unexpectedly takes him 4 feet up in the air and 8 feet horizontally, it's pure chaos. I love it.

I also loved when he missed a free throw, and was unhappy about that, so he thought about it, and very methodically wrapped up the rebounder in a bear hug, like a little kid who wanted his ball. It's like watching a tiger cub playing with normal dogs or something.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom