Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Michigan State (at Chicago)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all of the games except the 1st 2 against Izzo

Mitchell is a big question mark at this point though. If he can't hit open shots and make people respect him out there, it changes the complexion of the team.
If he can't hit open shots, he certainly can't play alongside Young, but there's still a lot of ways to use him on offense if Flip is the other big.

Pretend he's a poor man's Kevon Looney. Have him screen and roll while Flip's outside. I've always liked Mitchell cutting to the basket without the ball a lot more than Mitchell driving to the basket with the ball anyway.
No way around it totally changing the offense, though. Yes, there are certain specific things we could still get away with, but unless you want to limit Flip to a spot up shooter, it's going to clog things up and limit the freedom guys have on that end.

I keep telling myself he hasn't played much in the last few months and just needs to get his legs back under him. Pls.

Our run was when he was in foul trouble. Overall though I did think we flowed better on offense when he wasn’t in and for some reason we gang rebounded on defense better too

There is so much more ball movement with Flip on the bench. With Flip in, he sets a screen then immediately goes for a post-up. It stalls the offense for 5 seconds while the guard looks for the pass into him.

Young sets screens, immediately rolls, and moves into the next action. Seems like the guards do a lot more cutting when Young plays that role.

We debated whether Filipowski would be a net negative this season and whether Duke would be better off with him leaving. As long as his 3pt shot is still very bad, I don’t think he’s a lock to be a more positive player than Okafor was.

Our run was when he was in foul trouble. Overall though I did think we flowed better on offense when he wasn’t in and for some reason we gang rebounded on defense better too

There is so much more ball movement with Flip on the bench. With Flip in, he sets a screen then immediately goes for a post-up. It stalls the offense for 5 seconds while the guard looks for the pass into him.

Young sets screens, immediately rolls, and moves into the next action. Seems like the guards do a lot more cutting when Young plays that role.

Great post.

We're opining on the difference between K and Scheyer on offensive coaching, would K still be running such a Flip-centric offense in this manner by now, turnovers and all?

I thought we went away from bad Flip offense toward the end of last year. He was getting more of his points off of quick dive-ins, cuts, and pick-and-pops. Would like to see a similar evolution this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom