Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Michigan State (at Chicago)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not worried about the perimeter shooting over long haul. This team has several guys who will competently knock down treys.

I had class tonight so I missed game - looking at boxscore, appears that I can put the Ryan Young shirt back in rotation.

I'm not worried about the perimeter shooting over long haul. This team has several guys who will competently knock down treys.
Mitchell is a big question mark at this point though. If he can't hit open shots and make people respect him out there, it changes the complexion of the team.

Mitchell is a big question mark at this point though. If he can't hit open shots and make people respect him out there, it changes the complexion of the team.
If he can't hit open shots, he certainly can't play alongside Young, but there's still a lot of ways to use him on offense if Flip is the other big.

Pretend he's a poor man's Kevon Looney. Have him screen and roll while Flip's outside. I've always liked Mitchell cutting to the basket without the ball a lot more than Mitchell driving to the basket with the ball anyway.

Not reading through the whole thread, so sorry if someone mentioned this, but this felt a lot like the Tennessee game. Kind of nice to see our guys do this well with physicality, even if it took a gnarly first 10-12 minutes to get there.

I guess I'm too used to Coach K, who was perhaps the greatest offensive coach ever. That doesn't get talked enough about. People talk about his leadership and motivation. I feel like if you look at the trajectory of his career, you even heard more about the defense. But it was offense where he was truly a genius (even if it didn't always look pretty).

I thought the offense would be a lot further along, but we somehow progressed into a top 5-ish offense at the end of last year. It's not like Lively is some huge offensive loss. I see no reason why that can't happen again.
OR from Lively, but more Young, helped that offense. Need Young, when he plays, to get back to form.

True dat. A defensive master for about 20-25 years at Duke. 80s and 90s Devils were really strong defensive teams for most part.

His innovative approach to offense was certainly top drawer as he closed his career.

Besides the two tournament losses, and the beatdown in Cameron the season K threw in the towel, what was the 4th loss?

Besides the two tournament losses, and the beatdown in Cameron the season K threw in the towel, what was the 4th loss?
For some fucking reason, sports-reference doesn't list the individual games in the head-to-head records anymore. It just lists the record. I'm thinking about contacting them because the page is clearly broken. That was such a valuable resource.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom