Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 2015 Duke lineup with Tyus, Cook, Allen, Winslow, Plumlee probably beats this UConn team handily. With Okafor in there, probably a close game.

Hard to compare eras but Uconn beating the team that is clearly the second best team this year by 15 in the title game. They are definitely the best team in the past 20 years IMO.

Give me 2018 Nova. That team right now has what, three or four guys making pretty sizable NBA contributions? Three of them on the same team!

There were a lot of similarities between the 2018 and 2024 seasons in general.

-Duke started off the year in the top 2 in both, but never fully hit their stride. 2018 finished 29-8, 2024 27-9.
-Both teams lost in the Elite 8.
-2018 went 1-2 against UNC, 2024 0-2.
-UNC overachieved relative to preseason expectations, and grabbed a 2 seed in 2018, and a 1 seed this year, but neither made it past the Sweet 16.
-Terrifying Big East buzzsaw team shreds everyone en route to a title.

Would be 11-0 and 0-8 or 0-9 if Kenyon Martin doesn’t get hurt.

As it stands there will be people eligible to run for President this year who have seen one Big Ten title in their lifetime.

Would be 11-0 and 0-8 or 0-9 if Kenyon Martin doesn’t get hurt.

As it stands there will be people eligible to run for President this year who have seen one Big Ten title in their lifetime.

It’s insane that the B1G has had 7 different teams play for the title in that timeframe, with none winning it. ACC’s had 5 - Duke, UNC, Maryland, UVA, and GT (somehow), with 4 winning.

Part of it is that they’ve faced some really strong, elite teams in that span. Maryland, Florida, UNC x2, Duke, Louisville, Nova were all great teams. No bullshit opponents like Georgia Tech or San Diego State in there. And the other part is just bad luck, they did have a chance to win in 2005 and 2015, I imagine they win those games close to 50% of the time. And probably at least a 30% chance in the other six attempts on average. Should be looking at 2 to 3 titles

The Big Ten tried to stop Jim Harbaugh from
delivering them their only football or basketball title in the past decade.

The most impressive part of UConn's run (damn I hate saying that) this year is that collectively they shot just 30% from 3 for the tournament, yet still won by average of over 20 points.

No one can fucking rebound defensively against them so as Rome alluded to the bricks work just fine, and they have the best rim and 3 point defense I saw in the tourney

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom