Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] NCAA Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a basketball drought and then there's not making a final four in almost over 25 years despite three 1 seeds, four 2 seeds, and another three 3/4 seeds in that span

Slow start for Tatum, I figure he and Zion need to combine for 80 tonight if we want Duke to have a chance against UH

If UCONN gets S16HTS this year, are UNC fans more gleeful they surpass our title count, or more angry that they've tied theirs?

aiw said:
I mean, Duke was up 11 with 6 minutes left in the first and 8 after the 1st possession of the 2nd half and lost by 16. It was more than a little and Derrick Williams went off in the 1st. It was that guard in the 2nd. (Thread reply)
Such a brutal loss. Gave up fucking 55 in the second half. The canary in the coal mine for the decline of K’s defense

I'm so annoyed that my circa sports app accepted my $20 mobile deposit and yet the app's balance still shows $0.00.

DurhamSon said:
There's a basketball drought and then there's not making a final four in almost over 25 years despite three 1 seeds, four 2 seeds, and another three 3/4 seeds in that span (Thread reply)
Arizona is such an underrated loser/choker program. Incredible how little they’ve accomplished since K beat them for #3 in 01

Devilsforlife said:
Such a brutal loss. Gave up fucking 55 in the second half. The canary in the coal mine for the decline of K’s defense
I was there and even when they were up in the first half, something just felt off. Like they were clearly getting outplayed despite leading and it was just a matter of time.

We can take solace in the fact that Clemson won at the Dean Dome in February. Though it is kinda hard to see them beating UNC in an Elite 8 game

aiw said:
I mean, Duke was up 11 with 6 minutes left in the first and 8 after the 1st possession of the 2nd half and lost by 16. It was more than a little and Derrick Williams went off in the 1st. It was that guard in the 2nd. (Thread reply)
Terrible, but no worse than the Villanova or WVU boatraces

bfactor said:
Devilsforlife said:
I was there and even when they were up in the first half, something just felt off. Like they were clearly getting outplayed despite leading and it was just a matter of time.
2017 South Carolina had that vibe, too. We were up 8 or 9 at the half but it didn’t feel remotely comfortable

Clemson is capitalizing on travesty of a shooting differential. They will lose to every team left in the bracket.

Devilsforlife said:
You could tell we were going to lose that game, but didn't expect to lose the way we did. The Nova game in 2009 was obvious. Down 3 at the half and just waiting for the hammer to drop.

aiw said:
I wouldn’t really call that some canary for decline, even early in his career he’s had those weird second half’s in the tournament. Like the collapse in 1989 against Seton Hall, or against UK in 1998.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom