Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Southern Indiana

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was also a 1 3 pointer and a 1 FT and 0-0 in minutes

Scheyer should hire the Jai Lucas of offense and just be a figurehead who recruits.

Granted, our defense was terrible today too. But for the most part it hasn't been an issue. Much more concerned about an offensive-focused team with a bunch of good offensive players being totally unable to score for the first 10-17 minutes of every game.

Something has definitely felt off this year. I’ve been encouraged by our shooting in some games, but overall, we have not lived up to our #2 preseason ranking.

It’s nice having returned 4 starters, but we’re lacking that game breaking OAD talent.
That's fair, but we still have enough upper-tier talent that we should be better than we are.

I had family over so was only watching the first half loosely but seemed like they just made a ton of mostly well-defended shots so not too worried

I had family over so was only watching the first half loosely but seemed like they just made a ton of mostly well-defended shots so not too worried
Well, that doesn't explain Duke's terrible offense. That's my bigger concern so far this year. Overall offensive efficiency for the year looks good, but there are these 10+ minute stretches to start every game where we look like the worst offense in D-I.

I honestly forgot there was a game on. Should I even watch?

Just looking at the recap, our first 12-15 minutes performance has to be the worst, what are they telling these guys before the game?

Something has definitely felt off this year. I’ve been encouraged by our shooting in some games, but overall, we have not lived up to our #2 preseason ranking.

It’s nice having returned 4 starters, but we’re lacking that game breaking OAD talent.
I'm beginning to think HS recruiting is becoming irrelevant with the transfer portal.

We have two back-to-back excellent recruiting classes and we're looking at two straight years of Sweet 16-ish ceiling, even with players returning

Duke needs to get its head out of its anus and pay the best transfers, that's the new thing

I love how obnoxious of an "I am wise and you, my reader, are a foolish idiot" tone he has sometimes. I also love his use of "for", for it is amusing to me.

This whole sentence has so much to unpack, not least of which is "rollicking snake pit":

In short, Duke should know they must find their energy for forty minutes going into their next game in an arena that will be a rollicking snake pit while facing a team coming after them from tip to finish.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom