Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player AJ Griffin

Yes, some freshmen can rise above it. Grant Hill was a freshman on a title team too, so was Tyus and Justise.
But more often than not, Freshmen can meltdown in big games. Even Hurley had a meltdown in the title game as a freshman. It doesn't mean they are mentally weak forever, it happens to a lot of young players, some get over it and some don't.

Last edited:
Yes, some freshmen can rise above i5. Grant Hill was a freshman on a title team too, so was Tyus and Justise.
But more often than not, Freshmen can meltdown in big games. Even Hurley had a meltdown in the title game as a freshman. It doesn't mean they are mentally weak forever, it happens to a lot of young players, some get over it and some don't.
I don't really disagree with any of this but I'd argue Griffin has worse issues than most other guys.

He'll be fine. I'm sure the number of CBB players who have had awful final games and gone on to have amazing NBA careers numbers in the hundreds.

Griffins dad drove overnight from Toronto to watch him lay an egg. Griffin was just horrendous last 2 games ever since Leaky Black started to guard him. He's good as gone but he needs alot of work and I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually

Griffins dad drove overnight from Toronto to watch him lay an egg. Griffin was just horrendous last 2 games ever since Leaky Black started to guard him. He's good as gone but he needs alot of work and I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually

He was very good against Arkansas.

He will announce on Sunday I’m guessing with some type of prayer announcement for the league.

While landing the number #1 class-But still having to replace 5 draft picks will be really tough for Duke and Jon in year 1. Have to hit the portal hard. Right now for 22-23 Duke sits at:

Roach/Blakes
Whitehead/Scutt
Mitchell/Joey
Flip
Livley(Reeves-redshirt)

Fun to see outsiders come up with comparisons for Duke players. Griffin is a tough one, as the HS version and the Duke version were so different due to injuries. I like the Saddiq Bey comparison.

I think Jaylen Brown is a pretty good comparison. Current Jaylen, and not pre-draft Jaylen, who was an unskilled wrecking ball.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom