Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alumni-Coached College Teams

So I'm not totally following this, but would they consider making Nolan the interim coach, or just fire them all?

So I'm not totally following this, but would they consider making Nolan the interim coach, or just fire them all?

Think you wait until after the Kentucky game and then fire Payne. No sense letting your new interim head coach be the one to experience that beatdown. At that point, either give Nolan or Manning the interim job the rest of the year and clean house the day after the season ends.

Think you wait until after the Kentucky game and then fire Payne. No sense letting your new interim head coach be the one to experience that beatdown. At that point, either give Nolan or Manning the interim job the rest of the year and clean house the day after the season ends.

I guess it would be pretty cold not to give it to the guy who was actually a head coach before. Hadn’t thought about that.

If it weren’t for the Detroit Pistons and half of Duke’s opponents this season, the ACC would be carrying the biggest laughingstock in basketball right now.

The closest I've seen is several NBA front offices hiring sports journalists for their analytics or scouting departments. Not quite the same thing.

I would have even preferred Capel to Amaker. At least he’d have probably kept the recruiting pipeline alive.

I don't think Capel would've been able to recruit at the level that Scheyer is.

If it is indeed true that the choice was Amaker, thank whatever greater being there is that Coach K intervened and told the administration to go fuck themselves.

In the moment, it was easy to see K's big farewell tour as an ego circle jerk. and to an extent it certainly was. With more hindsight available, he's handled the transition from a coach of his stature to the next guy as well as anyone in the history of the sport. Him using his power to stiff the admin to get Scheyer, and then giving Jon the 1 year runway to recruit and get himself prepared was a master class in leadership. His handling of the transition gets greater by the day, and it will just add to his already unmatcheded legacy, IMO.

The transition was handled very well overall, but the finale at Cameron should’ve been more low key. I get the media was going to try their best to make a spectacle, but we leaned into it completely and it wound up biting us, hard. I mean, we barely even practiced, in the week leading up to the game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom