Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alumni-Coached College Teams

The transition was handled very well overall, but the finale at Cameron should’ve been more low key. I get the media was going to try their best to make a spectacle, but we leaned into it completely and it wound up biting us, hard. I mean, we barely even practiced, in the week leading up to the game.

IMO it couldn't be low-key. He's the greatest coach in the sport, was at Duke for 40 years, and it was the final home game. The only shitty part is that the final game was UNC instead of someone else. But that alternates every year.

At the very least, we could’ve gone about the preparation for the game in more normal fashion.

The closest I've seen is several NBA front offices hiring sports journalists for their analytics or scouting departments. Not quite the same thing.

Raps hired Luke Winn back in the day
Yeah, and Adam Spinella just got hired by the Sixers' scouting department. He was the cohost of the Game Theory Podcast and founded a website called The Box and One. Did a lot of good writing about the draft. And John Hollinger from ESPN went to work for the Grizzlies for a while but has since returned to sports journalism.

Seeing this stuff from Nolan really stinks. He's one of my favorite players ever. I was in middle school when he played and looked up to him. I'm sure overall his life is just fine and he's making a ton of money, but yeah.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom