Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Amile Jefferson

He's giving Duke over 15% offensive rebounding after his 6 OReb game vs GT. His offensive rating is solid for a freshman at 108 on 20% usage. It's being weighed down by extreme weaknesses that can be shored up with more experience/practice - 0.3 assist/turnover and 53% FT shooting. The FT% is based on a tiny sample, though (9-17). Playing the Black Falconesque game of "if he hit just 2 more FTs all season," the FT% goes up to an ok 65%. Seems like a hard worker who could be a 70% FT shooter by the end of the season, if he isn't already (i.e., the 53% is fluky).

Next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see K simply run his best 5 out there for the most important possessions, with Cook, Sulaimon, Hood, Jefferson, Parker, even if it means having no big man on the court. Parker guarding/boxing out Desmond Hubert, Joel James or Kennedy Meeks might be a problem, but I think the problem on the other end would be worse for UNC (imagine them defending Parker on the perimeter), and this would only be for high leverage situations, not banging inside for the whole game. The vast majority of teams in college basketball will have even weaker frontlines than UNC's, which is part of why they're a good example here. I guess this says more about my lack of faith in Marshall Plumlee next season than it does about my confidence that Parker at center could work. It would look a lot like Shaka Smart's offense, with guys like 6-9 235 Juvonte Reddic at center, but with much better talent. Everyone in the lineup except Cook would be able to guard 3-4 positions.

The versatility you describe in the email is great. This is why I was so happy when Amile committed to Duke - he can help the team in a variety of ways and can fit into a number of different lineups. I hope he continues his success on Wednesday - Kadji is a formidable challenge for the Duke frontcourt w/o Ryan.

I'm afraid Jiggy will sink into a corndog-binging depression w/ Amile's emergence, ironically leading to weight gain where we don't need it. I wonder if Wojo and Capel could conspire to prank Amile, luring him in w/ a new fake Internet girlfriend who dies every week, then having Josh show up at his door right then w/ a couple large pizzas.

Did he really only have one rebound? That's what the ESPN box score said. Has to be wrong. I remember two off the top of my head.

The more I see of him, the more I like him and am looking forward to what's in store down the road. There aren't many silver linings to an injury like Kelly's, but his getting invaluable PT during conference season as a freshman is a fine one.

"rhfarmer has been ordered to remain at least 1000 feet from Amile Jefferson"

Would pretty much be the worst and stupidest transfer of all time. Not an elite NBA prospect, played decent minutes as a freshman, looks to be our best post player next year.

rome8180 said:
Would pretty much be the worst and stupidest transfer of all time. Not an elite NBA prospect, played decent minutes as a freshman, looks to be our best post player next year.
Yeah, he's gotta know that he can get easy minutes next year by putting in the work.

Yea seriously..it's not like he got sat all year either. His minutes were equal to Hairston until Kelly came back.

You're right! :oops: Lol, after Gbinije I just tend to take these rumors a bit more seriously than maybe I should.

Lol at the thought of K adapting to the changing basketball landscape and pushing all the right buttons for next season. I think Laura is forgetting that it naga happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
FTR, I said Amile would be our starting 5 like a month ago. /horn-tootin.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom