Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Amile Jefferson

^ I agreed with you then and still do. With Jefferson's rebounding ability and length he could be a beast for us if any kind of size is put on.

Still worried that Joel James/Desmond Hubert will dominate him for 8 points and 6 rebounds because they are large. Can't afford to let that happen.

If Duke runs and presses next year I will be legit excited. If we don't...I will be legit excited. I'm excited about this team.

AmileJeffersonBulkedUP.jpg

AmileJeffersonTriedToEatSeanMayTriedToEatME

Such an important player for Duke next year. Need him to hold his own in the post

I hope he starts bending his knees when he jumps instead of just reaching his arms up as high as he can for dunks/layups. That's what I'd like to see from him next year.

That sounds suspiciously like a pump fake. I don't want anything that slows down his get-it-up-on-the-rim time.

Basically I don't want anyone to change his post game one bit. In fact, I hope our coaches stay the hell away from him.

If he wants to develop a 12-foot jump shot that would be cool. But on his own, please.

I want him to go the complete opposite direction and just fling the ball up in the general direction of the rim the second he gets the ball, every time. By the time his arms fully unfurl and he finally lets go of the ball, he'll be squared up and basically at the rim anyway.

I do agree IRL that it would be nice if he get develop enough lower leg strength to add a one-step dunk to his repertoire of finishes, though. Seems like it'll happen eventually.

IMO, if jefferson wants to effectively fit in the duke offense at the 4, he will need to develop a mid-range jumpshot. his offensive skill near the basket is great, but he didn't really fit within the offense last year, and i dont think he will going forward if he is out there with another big man who cant shoot, either. that was my one reservation in recruiting him.

Well, he will be out there with Parker next year, at least the way I envision the lineup. The play where Sulaimon catches him rolling from the right wing works beautifully, and I also think he can be an effective catch and finish guy in transition.

Anyway, he's skilled enough at finishing around the hoop that we need to adjust a little bit of our offense to him. It can't always be about someone "fitting the mold of a Duke four."

If Duke can win a NC with someone as limited offensively as Lance Thomas (who I LOVE, not a knock), Amile should be fine. Amile does essentially all the things Lance did (with the exception of switching on perimeter screens) and is more advanced offensively now than Lance was as a senior.

I don't see where Duke "needs" Amile to be a knock down jump shooter. He's not going to be RK, he's just not. Garbage baskets, put backs, rolls to the hoop on P'n'R's and be a windex guy on offense and defense.

I know that I am the COO of the Amile fan club, but all of the little things that he does have been missing for Duke during the Plumlee Period: Decisive moves to the hoop, unrelenting energy...I know he needs to develop physically, but IMO he brings a lot to the table, and as the 4th or 5th option on O, he's going to be fine.

although lance was very limited offensively, he did start hitting the mid range jumpers the second part of his senior year. harrell and dieng showed how helpful it is for your big men to have that ability. finishing ability is very important, and amile has that, but he doesnt have the ability to space the floor for others yet. that is one small, but important advantage lance had on him offensively. amile will be fine without a jumper as long as he is at center, but smart defenses will be able to exploit him some at pf.

the boogeyman said:
although lance was very limited offensively, he did start hitting the mid range jumpers the second part of his senior year. harrell and dieng showed how helpful it is for your big men to have that ability. finishing ability is very important, and amile has that, but he doesnt have the ability to space the floor for others yet. that is one small, but important advantage lance had on him offensively. amile will be fine without a jumper as long as he is at center, but smart defenses will be able to exploit him some at pf.

I agree with all of this, and you could point to Miles and Mason and see where if they could hit a 12-15 footer it would have made a huge difference for Duke as well. I'm just not too worried about Amile's development. He seems to be well ahead of where Lance and Jiggy were at this stage of their careers, so a 12 footer is not out of the question for Amile, IMO. But even if he doesn't, his nose for the ball and ability to finish make him valuable. As long as he doesn't develop a pump fake!

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom