Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Chase Jeter

One of the worst rebounders at the C position to ever play at Duke, at least until Bolden came along. Unlike Bolden though, Jeter could sorta-kinda offer a semblance of rim protection, so we might be fucked now with Bamba or at least Bolden learning not to be a lazy asshole.

It was evident once he stopped playing for the rest of the year. Put a good face on the bench is all the coaches asked of him and he did just that even though he knew he was leaving. I respect Jeter for that alone.

You need to be a 20% defensive rebounder as a rim-protecting, no-offense center. Significantly lower than that is unplayable. Okafor was at 18%. He probably could've been at 12% and still been good enough given his usage on offense. Zoubek was around 24%. Kelly was around 15% as an extremely valuable stretch big. Jeter was at 12% this season, 15% last season. Rebounding doesn't really improve over time - one of the most translatable and predictable skills from HS to NBA. Just awful. Best wishes.

Unlike with Bolden, I feel like we've seen enough to know he's not very good. He may have become competent if thrust into a situation where we had to play him major minutes. Ironically, that is more likely to happen next year than it was this year. He probably should have transferred after his freshmen season.

Yeah, he just seemed chronically weak, without a frame to add much strength to. Weak hands, weak lower body, weak upper body.

Good news for him is he's like 17 still, so maybe he just hasn't finished puberty yet. Seems like a good dude, wish him well.

So Jeter is considering Arizona? What's the difference in sitting the bench at Duke and sitting the bench at Zona? I guess closer to home. Better degree at Duke though.

bdotling said:
It was evident once he stopped playing for the rest of the year. Put a good face on the bench is all the coaches asked of him and he did just that even though he knew he was leaving. I respect Jeter for that alone.

This is how I feel

You all have led me astray when it comes to belittling UNC's recruiting. 2 or 3 years ago you had me believing UNC would be in the NIT more than then NCAA tourney.

Staff went in and hand picked the worst one

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom