Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Chase Jeter

Dealing with these dads has to be a fucking nightmare

K has a massive hardon for these diva dads the last few seasons, christ. I'm close to making some tasteless joke about Nolan and Quinn...

rhfarmer said:
But stay humble...

Yeah - what a precious remark. I really liked Chase and thought he could be a factor for Duke basketball. ...he just didn't want to wait like others before him, I guess. Coaches gave him a fair shake. He did not produce at a level to earn more minutes.

Not mad at Chase. He had a good attitude and did everything asked of him. Fuck his dad though.

Granted, our big man development is indeed terrible. I think Jeter would have been totally serviceable at UNC. Now I'm not saying K isn't right to privilege guards and wings over Chase Jeter post-ups, but I bet he would have become competent there.

Bolden's dad will make the same post in a year.

Not at all mad at Chase. Wish he were still here. I have a feeling his year would have looked different if Amile hadn't gotten hurt in 2015-16, and graduated that year.

If feel a bit defensive about Chase's dad's stupid shots, but I can't disagree with him that other programs prioritize throwing the ball to back-to-the-basket players in a way we don't. He may be wrong about his son's strengths, but he may turn out right. Don't really feel like hating on him either.

From what we've seen from his son so far, he is definitely wrong. But even if he wasn't wrong, it's still a dick move to post crap like that in a public forum.

I've come to expect the Annual Off-Season Calling Out of Duke Staff by Disgruntled Parents. It's a douche move but it's the social media world we live in.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Or fake relatives in the case of Thornton.

I'll bet that if you polled a thousand random college basketball fans who heard anything about that, at least 900 of them would say that was a Thornton family member. Alternative facts.

Not that I like #Uncle, but he did tweet some actual advanced stats afterwards showing why he thought the tweet was unfair or at least that it didn't show the full picture.

I'm not a bball stats guru like most at D-F, so I can't speak to whose tweets won.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom