Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2012-2013 Thread

Well, that would be around the time when his contract is up. Not that that matters so much, I just couldn't help thinking that when he originally signed the contract extension.

Fair enough, its just hard for me to see an Indiana boy leaving an Indiana program he basically built ala K to unseen heights at the school to be the guy after THE GUY.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I just think we're in for 3 years of Amaker-blahness before we give the job to some dude like Gregg Marshall and pwn again for ten years. Sorry guys, I need to go drink and be merry.

I also think that Stevens is very loyal to Butler since he's from Indiana.

We have to consider that Stevens, who is seemingly universally loved minus IU fans, will not want to face a backlash for leaving the university (from his home state) for a school like Duke or UNC. He won't be seen as loyal for leaving the university that took a chance on him

It's sorta like the Lebron move but not exactly. Lebron made a circus of it, held an organization hostage, and was seen as engaging in collusion (for teaming up with other elite talent) but Lebron definitely left his home state + home team before fulfilling his promise of winning a Championship.

If Stevens win a Championship at Butler before Duke/UNC comes calling, then he has no reason to leave. He has already accomplished the ultimate goal. He can then set out to make Butler into a new powerhouse.

He's a loyal mofo, lol

The agreement with Alford comes less than two weeks after Alford had agreed to a new 10-year contract with New Mexico that reached into the $2-million-per-season range, including base salary, bonuses and incentives.

The UCLA boards are fun. I found this there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a great, humble attitude still: "I know he’s going to give that guy a chance to sit down with him and talk with him or whatever.”

Pantone287 said:
Such a great, humble attitude still: "I know he’s going to give that guy a chance to sit down with him and talk with him or whatever.”

"that guy", rofl

Called that one a year and a half ago. Thank Thornton that piece of crap didn't end up at Duke.

Probably for the best he plays somewhere away from all the media attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're worse than BC anyway. I think BC will be to the ACC what Notre Dame has been to the Big East the last few years. Unless Notre Dame is now that team in the ACC.

Lewis transferring to Davidson + Barber not qualifying would equal single digit wins.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom