Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2012-2013 Thread

WorldStar HipHop said:
I have to say...I'm surprised that Barber didn't pick Louisville.

He seems to be in the mold of Russ Smith.

Pretty sure Louisville kicked him to the curb after he allegedly stole from the locker room on his OV.

rhfarmer said:
WorldStar HipHop said:
I have to say...I'm surprised that Barber didn't pick Louisville.

He seems to be in the mold of Russ Smith.

Pretty sure Louisville kicked him to the curb after he allegedly stole from the locker room on his OV.
Oh yeah.

I totally forgot about that incident.

if gott isnt careful, he might be out on the street within the next couple years. what a difference a year makes.

the boogeyman said:
if gott isnt careful, he might be out on the street within the next couple years. what a difference a year makes.

Isn't one of Gott's problems not being careful?

rhfarmer said:
the boogeyman said:

Isn't one of Gott's problems not being careful?

haha, yeah. but can anyone think of a similar situation where there was this much discontent on a team that wasnt that bad? i mean, 3 mcdonalds aa's, all of whom had solid or better freshman seasons, and all of whom project to have prominent roles going forward, might all be about to leave? and this isnt even considering brown and leslie making risky decisions to go pro.

Steve Alford, March 20:
I'm very appreciative of the administration and board of regents for allowing me to have the opportunity to continue to lead UNM basketball. I'm very excited about what we have accomplished in our first six years, and I look forward to building on those successes in the future.

March 30, UCLA announces hire of Alford. Alford's statement:
I'm about building programs, not teams, not seasons. UCLA doesn't just want one winning season, UCLA wants a basketball program that is going to breed consistent excellence.

I've always tried to do things with excellence. When you think of UCLA in every regard, you see the word excellence.

Andy Enfield, March 30:
I don't have a dream school. A dream job is really what makes you happy and where you think you can win and where your family is happy. I'm fine with this dream job.
Enfield has spoken of not just a five-year contract but a "five-year plan" at FGCU.

April 1, USC announces hire of Enfield. Enfield's statement:
My family and I are thrilled to join the Trojan Family and be part of the unparalleled athletic tradition at USC. In meeting with Pat Haden, I was very impressed with his vision for the men's basketball program. I am looking forward to bringing an exciting, up-tempo style of play to USC and building the men's basketball brand into one that the fans and basketball community will enjoy and respect.

Los Angeles - college basketball playground for mercenary coaches.

That's funny, but I'm certainly not going to judge a guy for leaving Fort Myers for L.A.

My wife's from LA, visited a bunch of times when we were dating. It's a craphole. All the glitz and glamor? Pfft. Same goes for most of Orange County. I mean, there's literally like a 3-4 block stretch of Hollywood Boulevard that is ooh-and-ahh-worthy, and the rows of abandoned storefronts, loan agencies, pawn shops, etc. take up the rest of the way.

And USC's campus? Have fun. Make sure to keep the doors locked and stay on well-lit streets.

But hey, he'll be able to get In & Out Burger anytime now!

I guarantee you FGCU's campus is nicer.

Florida sucks though. Of course so does SoCal.

Yeah I hated LA when I was there but it just isn't my scene. Maybe it's his.

Don't know how Rutgers can keep their AD and basketball coach after the OTL tapes that just aired. Their coach is chucking balls at players, pushing them, grabbing their jerseys, yelling out slurs left and right. Dude is a nutcase. The AD at Rutgers suspended him for 3 games and fined him $50,000. The AD has to go for not firing the coach then and there.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom