Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2012-2013 Thread

@johnclayiv: If hired at Minnesota, Richard Pitino succeeds Tubby Smith, who succeeded father at UK. At Texas Tech, Smith succeeds his successor at UK.

Debbie Yow is restricting where Purvis can transfer to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I get restricting him from ACC schools. But Missouri and Cincinnati? What a bitch.

Thain said:
Debbie Yow is restricting where Purvis can transfer to.

I dont really see it as that big of a deal. theyre blocking him from two future opponents, right? It might be petty, but i wouldnt want to deal with negative publicity of having the commentators talk all game about how well hes playing, and how hes much better and happier at X school than state. that stuff can really hurt you in recruiting. also, i think its just as likely (actually more likely) that those schools tampered with him before his release than it is that shes just being vindictive.

bilas goes on and on about how basketball players should get paid, but people like purvis are a prime example of how different the decision-making process is for athletes than it is for regular students. he's obviously not trying to get closer to home, and he barely qualified (and under shady circumstances). i doubt he's broken-hearted about missing out on some specific major at cincy or mizzou. kids like purvis arent looking for any special fit, or specific academic pursuit when they transfer. he wants to go somewhere where he will be the man. there are plenty of coaches/programs that will fit his needs, and chances are none will do him any good in the long run.

Isn't it standard operating procedure to block a player from transferring within the conference? This is just adding two teams, using the same justification that exists for the conference schools.

I mean I guess they're picking and choosing what nonconference schools to keep him away from, but if they are scheduling a long-term series what's the difference? You think Kentucky would just let a kid go to Louisville?

Preventing him from playing for Frank Haith or having to go to school in Cincinnati seems more like doing him a favor to me.

Bo Ryan did the same thing last year and got destroyed for it. Let's see if the same standard is held for Yow. Personally I think she is just being petty.

DrKlahn said:
Isn't it standard operating procedure to block a player from transferring within the conference? This is just adding two teams, using the same justification that exists for the conference schools.

I guess, although it's not quite the same since they'll only play them once per season and it won't affect their conference standing/record either way.

I don't really see why it's up to the university either way, though. They should just make it standard to disallow interconference/state transfers unless the school is feeling friendly and signs a waiver and be done with it.

Gbinije totally skirted this by transferring to Cuse before they joined our conference. Sneaky fuck.

Supposedly Richard Pitino left FIU with an APR problem and FIU is banned from postseason play next year.

Hmmm.

rome8180 said:
Gbinije totally skirted this by transferring to Cuse before they joined our conference. Sneaky fuck.
I'm spiteful and want him to have to wait two years to play.

dkst0426 said:

tumblr_lqpuxdZN421r0ojhto1_250.gif

LOL the non-reaction to Woolridge's 2nd dunk.

And then nothing from the crowd for the free-throw takeoff. Tough crowd.

I want to see Felix try to dunk from the FT line and recreate the magical youtube video that got us so excited two years ago.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom