Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2013-2014

I read somewhere that Julius Hodge may be joining the NC State coaching staff?

So I finally got around to reading the Tarik Black thread.

lulz

I'm surprised that thread has been allowed to go on for as long as it has...

I kind of hate even hearing that quote about one and dones, but it's still a nice little interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Random, but I think I've been sleeping on Virginia for next year. I expect them to be much more offensively potent next year with Harris and Mitchell at least as good as they were this year, plus the PF Gill that transferred from South Carolina, and Malcolm Brogdon back from injury. They could trot out a version of the so-called "five forwards" with Brogdon at the 1, Harris at the 2, Anderson, Gill and Mitchell, and be able to switch on any PNR okay. Throw in Nolte, Darion Atkins, and Mike Tobey off the bench, and they have some pretty good size.

childress22 said:
Random, but I think I've been sleeping on Virginia for next year. I expect them to be much more offensively potent next year with Harris and Mitchell at least as good as they were this year, plus the PF Gill that transferred from South Carolina, and Malcolm Brogdon back from injury. They could trot out a version of the so-called "five forwards" with Brogdon at the 1, Harris at the 2, Anderson, Gill and Mitchell, and be able to switch on any PNR okay. Throw in Nolte, Darion Atkins, and Mike Tobey off the bench, and they have some pretty good size.

I was just thinking the same thing - were you just reading the Jesperson transfer article that summarized everything too?

Getting rid of Evans at PG should help their offense, too - he was one of the worst players in the ACC on that end.

But yes, they lose no one of importance, give Mitchell some more depth so he doesn't have to walk on eggshells, and add back a starter and a starter-level transfer to a team who had 3 of it's 5 most talented players as freshman last year (Anderson, Nolte, Tobey). They'll be really solid all-around.

Pantone287 said:
I was just thinking the same thing - were you just reading the Jesperson transfer article that summarized everything too?

Yep -- Until then, I had completely forgotten Brogdon existed. He didn't finish with great percentages his first year, but certainly showed flashes of being a good ACC starting guard. And somehow, I had thought that Akil Mitchell might have already been a senior. They will be good. I don't know anything about Notre Dame, but I would pick UVA in top 4 in the conference.

Marcus Smart is staying?

I think Murph needs to seize the opportunity and go.

Demetrius Jackson is a player that I really like and I'll pay attention to him during this season.

Mike Brey may have gotten a future NBA player in Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Louisville 2014 (potentially making a 3rd straight Final Four).

Folks...I dun goofed.

I totally forgot about 6'10" Sudanese Mangok Mathiang who redshirted during the 2012-2013 season because his appeal to the NCAA for eligibility was denied.

So true freshman Akoy Agau won't have to be an immediate contributor from the start.

redshirt freshman Mangok Mathiang vs. redshirt freshman Marshall Plumlee.
lol

That's probably not gonna end well for us this year.

Here is what Larranaga has to work with next season at Miami:

PG Deandre Burnett (6-1, 4* SG freshman, no idea if he can play point guard)
SG Davon Reed (6-5, 4* SG freshman)
SF Rion Brown (6-6, only returning player who played over 7 mpg last season)
PF Erik Swoope (6-6, decent rebounding numbers for a SF, will have to play PF now)
C Tonye Jekiri (7-0, if K decides to "match up" by playing Hairston/Black just because of this guy, we will know K has lost it)

Bench
C/PF Raphael Akpejiori (played in 18 games last season)

They need some JUCOs, transfers and/or last minute 3* freshmen. If Larranaga goes .500 in the ACC, he should repeat as ACC COY.

Since we have a road game with them, the Larkin departure is helpful. They wouldnt have had a chance to beat us at home with him anyway.

Adreian Payne is basically the only guy left on the board that will affect the landscape (and Wiggins).

He's a golfer that went to the playoffs in the Masters. It's pronounced "On Hell".

Apparently he was KSU's starting PG who averaged 11.4 and 5.2 this year as a soph. Would probably help a lot if he were eligible immediately.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom